Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poem About Communication
Poem About Communication
She misunderstood what I’d said, then said something based on her misunderstanding that I misunderstood because I thought she’d understood me.

Then I got mad and she got mad because she didn’t understand what I was mad about.

My getting mad at what she’d actually said would make anybody get mad, just as she would’ve understood my getting mad if she had understood what I’d said and what I’d thought I’d understood her to say.

I wrote this poem a long time ago, but my recent failure in communication with a member here for whom I have the utmost respect made me think of it. Our situation was not exactly like in the poem. I just thought about it.

I’m glad we were able to resolve this quickly because deep down we both knew we were on the same page. I remember the words from The Masquerade by George Benson, “We tried to talk it over but the words got in the way” and am glad that was not the case.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.

Messages In This Thread
Poem About Communication - by Rhondazvous - September 1, 2015 at 3:41 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pool wrote another poem :) Criticism welcome :) ErGingerbreadMandude 0 703 November 30, 2016 at 10:10 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  So I wrote a poem.. ErGingerbreadMandude 43 3517 February 16, 2016 at 10:00 am
Last Post: Exian
  {Poem} Nevermore Tails Turrosaki 12 5379 November 20, 2009 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Amphora