Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Damned Pervert Priests - and other assorted Holy Scumbags
RE: Damned Pervert Priests - and other assorted Holy Scumbags
(May 23, 2022 at 12:08 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) Sexual Abuse Apocalypse

The conclusions of the report are so massive as to almost defy summation. It corroborates and details charges of deception, stonewalling, and intimidation of victims and those calling for reform. It includes written conversations among top Executive Committee staff and their lawyers that display the sort of inhumanity one could hardly have scripted for villains in a television crime drama. It documents callous cover-ups by some SBC leaders and credible allegations of sexually predatory behavior by some leaders themselves, including former SBC president Johnny Hunt (who was one of the only figures in SBC life who seemed to be respected across all of the typical divides).

Allegations of sexual violence and assault were placed, the report concludes, in a secret file in the SBC Nashville headquarters. It held over 700 cases. Not only was nothing done to stop these predators from continuing their hellish crimes, staff members were reportedly told not to even engage those asking about how to stop their child from being sexually violated by a minister. Rather than a database to protect sexual abuse victims, the report reveals that these leaders had a database to protect themselves.

Indeed, the very ones who rebuked me and others for using the word crisis in reference to Southern Baptist sexual abuse not only knew that there was such a crisis but were quietly documenting it, even as they told those fighting for reform that such crimes rarely happened among “people like us.” When I read the back-and-forth between some of these presidents, high-ranking staff, and their lawyers, I cannot help but wonder what else this can be called but a criminal conspiracy.

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/202...moore.html

Should we start a betting pool on how many of the abusers will go to prison? Bags on 'none at all'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Messages In This Thread
RE: Damned Pervert Priests - and other assorted Holy Scumbags - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - May 23, 2022 at 4:36 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damned Muslims Minimalist 751 130334 April 4, 2024 at 5:31 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Damned Christians Foxaèr 835 120308 April 3, 2024 at 12:53 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Damned Catholics Minimalist 1997 309588 March 29, 2024 at 9:37 pm
  Damned Hindus Minimalist 83 22608 January 22, 2024 at 7:47 am
  Damned Mormons Minimalist 216 44631 September 18, 2023 at 9:53 am
Last Post: zwanzig