Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sort of a complicated question, I'll try to ask. How was I born me and not another?
Sort of a complicated question, I'll try to ask. How was I born me and not another?
So, I have been wondering for some time why I was born me and not someone or something else. Doesn't it seem a bit strange, to have come into the consciousness of a body? We just happen to be one animal out of so many species of animal that have existed on this planet. I wonder how it all came to be, how I was born me and not a dog, and why do I feel consciousness when there's trillions of cells in my body that don't have brains of their own. My hands, my feet, they all have living organisms inside of them, and somehow these are a part of me? It's all so strange, I wish that there were some answers to basically explain my existence.

Or hell, there's so many types of matter, I could have just as easily have been a rock.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, I think I found a better way to state the question. Everything from the start of the universe, all the particles in the known universe come from the big bang, or as carl sagan would say, we're all made of star dust. So if I'm just made of star dust, and the rock around me or the cup on my desk are also made of star dust, then out of all the other matter on earth that came from the same place, why did I just happen to become a human being? All the hamburgers that everyone consumes that become babies that mothers give birth to, that came from the hamburgers that their mothers made. I guess it's sort of comforting in a way, because even if your consciousness is destroyed, even if all your memories are disintegrated, once you decompose you go back to the stuff that made you up in the first place. I just wonder, what was the journey like from me being inanimate material to becoming a living, sentient organism.

Messages In This Thread
Sort of a complicated question, I'll try to ask. How was I born me and not another? - by EruptedCarcassBloat - October 12, 2016 at 5:30 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Far Too Complicated For Creatards Minimalist 4 1495 April 7, 2016 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: ignoramus