Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sort of a complicated question, I'll try to ask. How was I born me and not another?
RE: Sort of a complicated question, I'll try to ask. How was I born me and not another?
The fact that the mind and body aren't separate is the reason you are you and not someone else.

If you were born to someone else, you wouldn't still be the person you are right now, just born in a different situation. You would be an entirely different person - born to different genetics, exposed to different experiences.

You are you because you were born to human parents in a specific set of circumstances, to a specific set of cell divisions in the womb, to a specific set of experiences, which were equally influenced by your own prior experiences, knowledge, and intellectual capabilities/emotional coping mechanisms.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sort of a complicated question, I'll try to ask. How was I born me and not another? - by thesummerqueen - October 13, 2016 at 9:03 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Far Too Complicated For Creatards Minimalist 4 1495 April 7, 2016 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: ignoramus