Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about converting, but what if I do go to Hell??...
Thinking about converting, but what if I do go to Hell??...
Alright, don't laugh now! I've been a Christian for over 10 years, but want to become an atheist. But how do I know that there is no Hell, that God has never spoken to me (I've had thoughts come into my mind that I don't think are my own), etc? Also, I've read a lot of books by people like Lee Strobel, and they seem pretty convincing evidence for the Bible and for the resurrection.

But I have read Dawkins book "The God Delusion", and loved Sam Harris book "Letter to a Christian nation" and loved the latter!!

All I know is that the idea of a God and Hell and demons influencing people seems like nonsense to me now. So please help me out here with my doubts!

Messages In This Thread
Thinking about converting, but what if I do go to Hell??... - by dave4shmups - August 30, 2010 at 9:09 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prison got me thinking about atheism Reasoned 10 3828 February 12, 2017 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  What was I even ever thinking? katiefranco 5 2099 November 18, 2013 at 1:28 am
Last Post: Owlix
  De-converting from Christianity. sarcasticface 17 6400 March 18, 2013 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Dawud
Question a slow but sure process towards rational thinking @heist 5 3392 January 9, 2012 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  converting back unto theism - yes it's true. TruthWorthy 101 33451 March 26, 2010 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: fr0d0