Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is being a virgin a turnoff for girls in college
RE: Is being a virgin a turnoff for girls in college
(January 11, 2017 at 6:02 pm)FlyingNarwhal Wrote: Real talk right now, and I want to make it clear I'm speaking in generalizations, girls will find a guy that's a virgin a turn off.  Could you find a girl that is fine with you being a virgin?  Yes.  But in your age bracket there's slim pickings to find that unicorn.  Here's the thing though man, I'm not saying you're a lost cause, and whoever told you you were going to be a virgin the rest of your life is bullshit.  My advice is this:

1. Confidence.  Confidence is key man, out of any of the advice I give, if you at least have confidence you'll do fine.  Does physical attractiveness weigh in at a certain level, yes.  But take it from a fat dude, confidence will get you there by itself 90% of the time.  Girls are more attracted to us mentally, looks helps to fill in the gaps, and if you're a better looking guy then you can fill larger gaps.  Just get out there, start talking to girls, make interesting conversations with them.  You can talk about anything, just be interesting and outgoing.

2. Be funny.  This is kinda hard to give you advice on, because some people just are or aren't naturally funny, but this is important as well.  Just try and make an effort to be funny when you're talking to girls.  If you're not, at the end of the night, just kinda self review what you could have done differently and try to adjust for next time.

3. Look good.  You know how I said looks fill in the gaps?  Fill in those gaps.  There's only so much you can do if you don't have conventially good looking traits.  But you can hit the gym, dress a little better, get a nice haircut, etc.  Stand out a little bit.  Buy some cologne too.  It's one thing to not stink, it's an entirely different thing to smell good.

4. Don't be extra nice guy.  Now I want to clarify, you don't have to be a mega asshole or the douche that negs on girls all night.  But don't bend over backwards trying to make her happy or check in on her all night either.  Just let her do her thing and you do.  Honestly be a little bit of an asshole, but just in a teasing kind of way.  And do don't be afraid to tell a girl no either, don't get taken advantage of our their in the singles scene.  Be firm, and hold your ground.

I could really go on forever talking about this stuff, but that's the basics of what you should focus on right now, and try to get your horse out of the gate and on to the racetrack.

I agree with the confidence and with the look good. I'd say though, don't mistake confidence for being really talkative or outspoken. Just be at ease with yourself and don't be awkward. You can be shy in nature and a little quiet while still being confident. 

Being funny is a plus if that's how you are, but don't try too hard if it doesn't come naturally. It's kind of obvious and comes off dorky when you can tell a guy is trying to be funny to impress a girl. Just be yourself, and be at ease with being yourself. 

The 4th one I will completely disagree with though lol. There's nothing I dislike more than a guy who "plays games" and is a little bit of an A-hole on purpose. This doesn't mean you have to let yourself be taken advantage of though.  

Like others have said, every girl is different. That's just my personal take.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is being a virgin a turnoff for girls in college - by Catholic_Lady - January 11, 2017 at 6:59 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  International Women and girls in Science Day! Divinity 9 941 February 11, 2019 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Who says drunk girls in a club aren't fun brewer 30 5230 November 6, 2018 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  College, degrees, and jobs, oh my! Foxaèr 51 4751 May 30, 2018 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Awesome names for baby boys and baby girls ErGingerbreadMandude 37 3634 February 14, 2018 at 2:40 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  What the hell is going on with American girls? brewer 14 2109 November 23, 2017 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Very Off Topic, but is being a virgin a turnoff for the ladies? NuclearEnergy 34 3743 November 13, 2017 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Joods
  The U.S. Virgin Islands Will Pay You US$300 If You Holiday There In 2017 ReptilianPeon 0 570 January 28, 2017 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Google plus recomending pics of underage girls?!? paulpablo 23 3253 January 15, 2017 at 5:46 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Why are college aged guys so horny NuclearEnergy 39 5343 January 9, 2017 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  what do girls like for guys as far as looks/personality? Rextos 32 3595 May 25, 2016 at 2:02 am
Last Post: robvalue