Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 1:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-April 1 to May 1
AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-April 1 to May 1
In a little more than a week, we'll be challenging each other to reach weight/health/fitness goals together. It's only kind of a contest, given that some people will not be aiming for weight loss goals, but will be doing other challenges. Still, the yet to be determined prize I offer the winner will likely be for the person who loses the most weight, unless someone pulls through and does something none of us can deny is the biggest achievement. 

In this thread, we will all start by stating we are going to participate and choosing our goals. Next, all you have to do is post your updates throughout the month of April. Now, I hope we will also see some sharing of recipes, workouts, encouragements, etc., but that isn't a rule. If you don't have time, it's enough that you're getting healthier for yourself. You still have a chance to win, as long as you update me on your progress.

I think I'm going to work on the honor system here. If any of you object, we can come up with a system for "proving" we've been participating.

If you have any ideas for how I can do this better or what you'd like to see, please share.

My goal is going to be to lose some weight. I'm going to eat smarter and see how many pounds I can lose in a month safely.

Participants and goals:

pocaracas: I care for getting home faster than I do currently. The goal is to make most of the trip from home to work and back using the bicycle's highest gear.

CD: My goal is to be far along enough recovering from knee surgery that I can walk normally by the end of the month, and not put any weight back on.

Nymphadora: lose 10-15 pounds this month AND since I have activity induced asthma, I'm going to try to walk my neighborhood at least once, without having to do a nebulizer treatment. My starting weight is 220. My heaviest ever.

mlm: My goal is to actually focus on my diet and stop eating so much fast food and drinking so much beer/soda. I want to lose an inch off my waist but with my husband's new schedule I haven't been going to the gym as much so my diet is more important.

godlessheatheness: My goal is to lose another 15 pounds.

paulpablo: My vague challenge I'll set myself is to give up my daily can of fizzy drink because I've been feeling some guilt over that recently. I'll try drinking at least 2 small bottles of water a day because I don't think I drink enough straight water. At the gym I'll try and go even wilder.

whateverist: I'm looking for gradual weight loss. I'd be happy with a pound/week.

Shell B: Lose 8-10 pounds this month. Starting weight 195 at 6' tall. Heaviest of my life.

Tiberius: My goals are to get into a proper early morning run schedule. I figure to start out, I'm gonna try waking up at 8am and going for a 1 mile run, every weekday.

TheRealJoeFish: Drop >5 pounds in April, no fast food, and run a continuous mile by April 30.

ukatheist: Think I'll start with the 5:2 diet in April, then go from there. My goal: to drop one dress size. I don't have scales! Starting size is UK 18

MysticKnight: I would like to get Abs, so I need to list about 15 pounds to get that.

Little lunch: I'm in. I'm starting at 236 pounds. (107kgs) I just want to concentrate on cutting out junk food. I reckon I can lose a kilo/week. My goal is 90 kgs. I'll start looking at exercise next week.

Sal: I don't have a set goal, I just eat less and walk to/from work. gives me an 1 hour of walking a day.

Messages In This Thread
AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-April 1 to May 1 - by Shell B - March 23, 2017 at 1:17 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore Shell B 941 96576 November 2, 2020 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Love Your Body Challenge Shell B 39 3207 September 24, 2019 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  NFL may be headed to player negotiation. Brian37 9 1030 August 15, 2019 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheist Forums' Biggest Loser Shell B 64 5606 March 31, 2017 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Anyone here participate in Sports/Fitness? Lifelongnontheist 24 2618 February 1, 2017 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: yasalam
  Bracket Challenge? SteelCurtain 21 3820 April 5, 2015 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist