Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me with a ratings system (elo)
RE: Help me with a ratings system (elo)
(October 13, 2017 at 2:48 am)Hammy Wrote: My favorite game ever, age of empires 2, uses an ELO system with multiple players (up to 8 players). I don't know how the hell it does it and I myself have also been looking online for a system that applies for something more complex than 1 on 1 games like chess.

Try looking into LoL and DOTA 2 rating systems maybe as they may be pretty complex and you can maybe make a couple of changes to that to find the method you're looking for.

Yeah, I've definitely thought about LoL specifically since I play it a lot.

I feel there's a specific method for non-zero sum games, like a specific constant or an added sub-function or something.  I feel I can ALMOST figure it out myself, but the light just hasn't come on yet.

I don't think the games you are mentioning are a problem to rate, because they are still a zero-sum game.

I'm tempted just to ignore the multi-choice effect and see how the numbers settle, but I'm worried there's a systemic issue that I'm just not smart enough to realize.

Messages In This Thread
Help me with a ratings system (elo) - by bennyboy - October 13, 2017 at 12:55 am
RE: Help me with a ratings system (elo) - by Edwardo Piet - October 13, 2017 at 2:48 am
RE: Help me with a ratings system (elo) - by bennyboy - October 13, 2017 at 6:49 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Solving a system of two trigonometric equations FlatAssembler 20 1604 August 9, 2023 at 11:40 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal