Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
Had a busy day myself so today's post will be short. I hope to to get into things in more detail during the week when I have more time.

Neo, I think I can agree with you that being on this forum doesn't "glorify God". But I don't think it offends God, either. I think it is simply a hobby/neutral activity like any other. And while I've had my share of drama here, I wouldn't refer to my overall experience here as "exposing myself to abuse." That's just speaking for myself personally of course. But if you feel like that is accurate of your own experience here, I can't say you have a justifiable reason to stay. (Though of course I would selfishly like you to).

On a side note, I will have to disagree that there's anything wrong in associating with atheists, and I wouldn't compare them to dirt. They are still people, and every person (well, most people at least), has something to offer and something we can learn from. I don't agree with dismissing people simply because they are atheist.

Anyway, I feel like I kinda jumped around a bit up there, but that's because I'm short on time right now and just kind of responded to a couple of isolated points you made. I'll come back with a more collected response hopefully tomorrow.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums - by Catholic_Lady - May 6, 2018 at 12:43 am