Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
To A-T and CL

Both of you seem to be concerned around the idea that I am not here to save. At seems to attribute it having broad cast seeds and it had landed on infertile ground, and CL seems to believe it is an internal decision of mine.

In fact what I believe is different than what you believe. I believe at no time in this life that any of us are ever 'saved.' Because if you look to the bible even after jesus "salvation" is always point to in the future event. as in do abc and you will be save or do a and b and you shall be saved. The only time the bible says "you have been saved is in eph 2:8 when Paul is speaking from a post judgement perspective. if you read the bible carefully no one in this life claims salvation. that's a 'church'/denominational teaching designed to get members. I say I am not here to 'save anyone' is because I do not have this power or authority. I can only scatter seed and care for them. God is responsible for providing the increase. Remember No man comes through the Father except through Christ. This does not mean through a ritual Christ performed or a church Christ sponcers or repeating words Christ said. the passage means what it says. We are Save Only by Christ at our judgement. That is what is meant being saved by Christ. not us. not out efforts not our deed lets no man shall boast. it is Christ who makes the determination of who is and who is not a Christian.

That is why it is mission critical to correct theology for those who claim to be atheist/not so much Christians, as even if you just have 'faith' you can manage salvation with Christ. But if an atheist theology is wrong they will not even be able to manifest the min faith needed.

As far as leading people to chirst I'd say 8 solid people baptized 1 of the 8, and maybe 20 who have made the pledge to (change/ASK) no long consider themselves atheist. who knows though for all I know they could change their names and come back are a person with a huge grudge...

We need not think in terms of 'saving people.' Because only Christ can do that. we can only show people the path. Then their judgement will be by Christ based on the ability and opportunity.

When I spent my time in Hell my greatest lament was I did not know the truth, I felt like if I had known the truth and choose not to respond, then I could completely accept my fate. upon my return i vowed to learn the truth and to share it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums - by Drich - May 7, 2018 at 10:01 am