Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
It's hard to know where to start this post so I guess I'll take it in the order of the post that are after my last post.
Alpha I can understand that you are tired of this, it does get tiresome when it seems no one is listening and when I feel that way I take a break from the site and i once left to never return but found myself drawn back because I knew there were people in need and I'm not specifically speaking of regular members or lurkers (peekers). It is hard to know if anything we do is resulting in positive actions, but as Neo and Drich says respectively, the Holy Spirit convicts and Jesus saves, we are only to give a testimony and defend it through scripture. We will only see the results in the next life and that should be good enough for any Christian. Alpha you asked for scripture and here is what Jesus says, you and I both know this deals with the spiritual more than the physical, it's one thing that separates us from the world and in this case the atheist here to be specific. Luke 6:27 "But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies and do good to those who hate you, 28) bless those who curse you and pray for those who abuse you. 29) To one who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also..." 

I encourage you to read the rest of the verses through 36. Matthew 5:13 " You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost it's taste, how shall it's saltiness be restored. 14) You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill can not be hidden. 15) Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand to give light to all the people of the house. 16) In the same way, let your light shine before others, so they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven."   I do not have to explain to you what these verses mean as a witness, but I would like to remind you that Jesus did not specify what kind of people and I think all Christians understand, anyone who does not believe in God is an atheist whether they want this particular name associated with them or not.  So any Christian here that believes we can't glorify God's name on this site needs to re-read the bold phrase above.

Neo, CL and Alpha, we do not have to preach to help people, our actions through words can be beneficial and our unwavering stance in what we believe and know the scriptures say will be powerful, God says that His word will not go out and come back unfruitful.

Drich you and I do differ in things about God but we do agree that only Jesus can save. I have known people that have claimed they have saved people and that they were good at it, those I  find lacking in their faith that God can and will save. They forget that a person is saved through grace and grace is not something man possesses. If we did it might be possible to save ourselves, I can not think of one person who loves completely, who loves the unlovable, as we see them. God sees all as lovable and will always extend His love to everyone for salvation for the sake of the Son. It's good you want to correct the thinking of the atheist here it's what I want to do, to show others that the scriptures support each other as each thread in a tapestry support each other. The Bible when studied is the finest tapestry there will ever be and it's sad that the church is full of people who do not know this, so we must expect the atheist here want believe this unless God through us reveals these things, we can't ever forget this is God's work that we have been invited to participate in, the creator of an entire universe has included us in His work and we each should be grateful.

To those who are considering leaving I will say take a break and come back if you feel God moves you to. Each of you are better at expressing yourselves with words than I am, and is an important thing, what each must remember is to express things with God in mind that way we can control what and how we say things. I lose it at times myself and slap back, we are human and we act upon that part of us when it would be better to turn the other cheek. CL you as far as I know have never said anything out of the way, you above the rest of us understand that the best. Well I didn't do a good job of taking things in order but I did get most of what I wanted to say out. Remember I'm not criticizing anyone, we all have made mistakes and we need to limit them as best we can. I do wish RR would participate a little he is a sensible person who thinks things through, I've encouraged him to say at least a little something maybe the rest of you will as well. I've not heard from Steve hope he will come on board also. 

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums - by Godscreated - May 8, 2018 at 1:42 am