Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
To answer your question, Steve, I agree 100%. I actually loved your post very much.

So, as far as my role goes, I don't think I have much left to say that hasn't already been said. I'm here because I enjoy having discussions with different minded people. But I now also see the value in being here as a Christian, and how it can glorify God. In the ways I mentioned on my last post, but also in a suggestion Steve made. Which is this: "One legitimate role is to correct and educate those that lack knowledge so that 1) they don't propagate their ignorance and 2) that some who read the post might be prompted to engage in a civil discussion of which the goal is to understand the other side."

That is what I would like my role to be here, and come to think of it I've been doing it all along but never really thought about it as a "role".

That concludes my statements. I'm open to answering questions from the questions thread whenever everyone else is ready.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums - by Catholic_Lady - May 11, 2018 at 7:40 pm