Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To All Those Theists Who Aren't In It For The Swag
RE: To All Those Theists Who Aren't In It For The Swag
(June 2, 2018 at 2:14 am)Haipule Wrote:
(May 31, 2018 at 6:47 pm)Edwardo Piet Wrote: To all you theists who aren't in it for the swag . . .

I have two possible scenarios.

Scenario 1: Suppose God contacted earth and made the following announcement "I know the future and I have decided it is time to inform you all that absolutely no one will get to Heaven because absolutely no one will meet the high standards that I set. You are all going to go to Hell after you die on this earth and you will all be tortured for all eternity. There is no way you can possibly redeem yourself because I've already seen the future and I already know you will all fail. It's eternal hellfire for everyone. You may as well all give up trying."

Scenario 2: Suppose God contacted earth and made the following announcement instead: "I have decided to let you all know that I wrote both the Bible and the Koran. I am indeed the God that created this world but those books were trickery and I'm actually evil. And there's no use thinking I'm Satan because there is no Satan. It was all a ruse. I don't care about petty humans, you are all my playthings. I'm going to torture you all for fun in hell for all eternity after you die and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. Until then I'll enjoy watching you all waste your lives while prolonging your life as much as possible out of fear of how I very much will enjoy torturing you forever after you finally kick the bucket."

How would you react to the two scenarios if the truth is all that matters and not the swag? Would you still believe in both those scenarios after finding the truth about God? Would you still believe in one scenario but not the other? Would you stop believing in both cases?
Hammy or Ed, your still a great clown! And by then way, that hurt my brain thank you very much!

*you're

Messages In This Thread
RE: To All Those Theists Who Aren't In It For The Swag - by Edwardo Piet - June 2, 2018 at 8:53 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Why Atheism is Incoherent & You Aren't as Smart as You Think You Are Seax 60 4680 March 19, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  For those who believe the god of abraham was behind the big bang or evolution android17ak47 49 7643 November 1, 2018 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Truth or swag? Angrboda 64 9352 June 4, 2018 at 3:08 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Get those kids o there! (Theists at Jacksonville try to pray Hurricane Irma away) causal code 20 6240 September 11, 2017 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Our theists of all labels please answer.... Brian37 92 12023 April 25, 2017 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Brian37
  If God created all the good things around us then it means he created all EVIL too ErGingerbreadMandude 112 20441 March 3, 2017 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  ★★ We are all atheists/atheistic to ALL Gods (says simple science) ProgrammingGodJordan 80 12331 January 13, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: ProgrammingGodJordan
  Questions for theists (and ex-theists, too) Longhorn 15 4857 April 23, 2015 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: orangebox21
  Angels For Those Who Don't Believe Nope 29 5198 April 10, 2015 at 2:05 am
Last Post: Invisible Sky Fairy
  Aren't fundamentalists the 'good' guys? Dystopia 16 3311 August 4, 2014 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: vorlon13