Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Securing America’s Election Act" Has Gotten Little To No Media Attention
"Securing America’s Election Act" Has Gotten Little To No Media Attention
Rep. Tulsi Gabbard Introduces Securing America’s Elections Act to Ensure Integrity of 2018 Elections

VIDEO:

And here's a video by Computerfile explaining why electronic voting is a really bad idea:

Surely the likes of Rachel Maddow and, well, Democrats in genera,l should be in the media every single day pushing for paper ballots to secure future elections? Why aren't they? Paper ballots are important for electoral integrity. I thought the elections being "hacked" was a really pressing issue. If you use paper ballots elections cannot be "hacked".

Where I'm from we mark paper ballots with a pencil. There are no machines involved anywhere in the process (except the printing of the individual ballot papers, obviously) and counting is done by hand by real people who all have a stake in the election. It has never occurred to me to use a machine in an election.

The election machines all have proprietary programming (correct me if I'm wrong) and this means that the average voter cannot know what the code is doing. How do we know faulty or nefarious programming was not the reason Donald Trump is in the Oval Office? What's so bad about paper ballots anyway?

You could stop "hacking of the election" by using paper ballots. The Democrats should be on TV every single day pushing for paper ballots. Why don't I hear the partisan hacks - who are apparently so concerned about democracy - pushing for paper ballots?

Messages In This Thread
"Securing America’s Election Act" Has Gotten Little To No Media Attention - by ReptilianPeon - August 1, 2018 at 4:28 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 US Presidential Election Thumpalumpacus 1060 48940 7 hours ago
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  At what point is America no longer a safe place for me to live? TaraJo 41 3927 July 16, 2022 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  America. Worse than North Korea. deepend 195 7543 March 26, 2022 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Can America ever truly pay for its sins? T.J. 111 7390 January 10, 2022 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  TX social media censorship bill Fake Messiah 24 2207 September 14, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Ayn Rand blamed for current state of America Foxaèr 61 3093 June 24, 2021 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: no one
  We The People Act onlinebiker 48 2465 March 6, 2021 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  The Republican America Foxaèr 19 1148 November 23, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Make America Nice Again Secular Elf 53 3814 November 9, 2020 at 6:20 am
  I did a little estimated calculation. Brian37 13 739 October 28, 2020 at 4:13 am