Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:14 am

Poll: Which religion is the biggest farce, the greatest affront and most demeaning of them all?
This poll is closed.
Mormonism
7.32%
3 7.32%
Scientology
31.71%
13 31.71%
Jehovah's Witnesses
0%
0 0%
Westboro Baptist
9.76%
4 9.76%
Some other Christian sect, please specify
2.44%
1 2.44%
Islam, feel free to specify a sect
9.76%
4 9.76%
Hinduism, feel free to specify a sect
2.44%
1 2.44%
Buddhism, feel free to specify a sect
0%
0 0%
It is a dead heat between .. (please specify)
4.88%
2 4.88%
All of them are equally batshit crazy
21.95%
9 21.95%
Every religion is special and beloved by God(s)
0%
0 0%
Fuck all polls and people who post them
9.76%
4 9.76%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is religion wins the prize for the most mindblowingly, bat-shitterymost of all?
RE: Which is religion wins the prize for the most mindblowingly, bat-shitterymost of all?
Going by this standard set forth in the OP: "But there are some religions from which it is simply impossible to imagine an intelligent, reflective, modern thinking individual emerging."

....I'll go with Westboro Baptist. I cannot imagine an intelligent and reflective person being one of those.

On the other hand, I have a close friend who is Muslim and know his family well. They are all wonderful and intelligent individuals, 2 of which are doctors. I'm sure there are many more like them.

I also have met a fair amount of Mormons since my husband joined the Air Force. There are many Mormon pilots and I've gotten to know some of them and their families. Truly wonderful, level headed people.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which is religion wins the prize for the most mindblowingly, bat-shitterymost of all? - by Catholic_Lady - October 8, 2018 at 5:23 pm