Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proof by Rearrangement of the Pythagorean Theorem
Proof by Rearrangement of the Pythagorean Theorem
So, what do you think, is the Proof by Rearrangement of the Pythagorean Theorem valid? I've made a SVG animation presenting it here:
http://flatassembler.000webhostapp.com/p...ences.html
At first, it seems to make perfect sense. However, as I was making that animation, it appeared to me that it's actually a form of circular reasoning. Namely, how is it possible to prove that the angles of the c*c square are actually right angles, without appealing to the Pythagorean Theorem itself and the formula for the area of a parallelogram (P=a*b*sin(alpha))? It appears to me that it isn't.

Messages In This Thread
Proof by Rearrangement of the Pythagorean Theorem - by FlatAssembler - November 22, 2018 at 3:14 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fundemental theorem of Calculus intuition A Handmaid 19 2971 August 28, 2016 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Godels theorem is invalide for 5 reasons shakuntala 8 3297 December 21, 2014 at 1:04 pm
Last Post: agnesi
  Pythagorean Triplet Tiberius 2 1655 April 10, 2010 at 7:09 am
Last Post: Pippy