Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
want a deeper conversation about atheism
RE: want a deeper conversation about atheism
Atheism is by no means a religion. It is simply the non belief in ANY gods and the rejection of theistic claims on the subject.

There are many brands of atheism from those who claim there are no gods to agnostic atheists like myself. I don't claim there are no gods, I simply have not seen any convincing evidence for one and will not blindly believe "on faith".

The burden of proof is always on those making the claim, never on those who reject it. Whenever I've asked for evidence I've always been presented with arguments from incredulity "how can all this exist without a higher power?" to personal revelations, "god spoke to me!", to citing the bible as evidence.

These are not evidence and the bible is proof that people wrote the bible (and were really bad editors at the time).
Dying to live, living to die.

Messages In This Thread
want a deeper conversation about atheism - by fademm - March 28, 2019 at 4:08 pm
RE: want a deeper conversation about atheism - by The Valkyrie - March 28, 2019 at 4:40 pm
RE: want a deeper conversation about atheism - by fademm - March 28, 2019 at 5:08 pm
RE: want a deeper conversation about atheism - by brewer - March 28, 2019 at 7:33 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Young Adult Seeking Stimulating Theism Debates and Conversation Marshmallow 13 4328 September 28, 2012 at 10:04 am
Last Post: Marshmallow