Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
want a deeper conversation about atheism
RE: want a deeper conversation about atheism
Thanks y'all for responding!

Guess I thought that the complexity of nature (such as biological systems assembling themselves) added enough depth of interest to the world without there being a story of god(s) that would have significantly less depth.

As for "culturally Christian" traditions like Christmas I havent had a problem with those so much because I would see the religious implications as not doing anything if there was no god to make angry by celebrating those. My celebration of Christmas seemed more like an Americanized holiday with a focus on materialism and family gathering than Christian beliefs. Although I understand there is a slippery slope element to this.

Messages In This Thread
want a deeper conversation about atheism - by fademm - March 28, 2019 at 4:08 pm
RE: want a deeper conversation about atheism - by fademm - March 28, 2019 at 5:08 pm
RE: want a deeper conversation about atheism - by brewer - March 28, 2019 at 7:33 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Young Adult Seeking Stimulating Theism Debates and Conversation Marshmallow 13 4320 September 28, 2012 at 10:04 am
Last Post: Marshmallow