Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 6:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we alone? Bets are we're not.
RE: Are we alone? Bets are we're not.
(July 10, 2019 at 3:52 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: 4000 Exoplanets.

The fact that the elements that make up carbon and acids have been proven to come from stars, alone, in a universe of trillions of galaxies each with hundreds of billions of stars bares this out mathematically as far as likelihood. 

But the crap about Area 51 or ancient aliens is just that. I have no problem with life existing elsewhere. But considering how huge the universe is, anything that remotely thinks like us is most likely stuck in it's own remote space like we are. 

The best humans can hope for on this planet, if we stop focusing on religion, and we solve pollution problems, and we don't murder each other. I think IF, and that is a HUGE IF, we do that, I think verbal communication we might stumble across. But, currently with all our religious political beliefs, and bullshit fighting, I find it far more likely we will kill ourselves off before we meet life at our level.

One thing about scientists I don't like currently. If our attitude is to prove life exists elsewhere, which I agree with, why would it not make sense to send bacteria to other celestial bodies, even if they originated here? If life is possible elsewhere, then life here, even if only bacteria, we should use to prove it is possible to survive elsewhere.

RationalPoet.... Why send humans to the moon to prove we can survive there, even if only for hours. Why plot to put humans on Mars if we cant prove bacteria can survive there first?

I think we should send cockroaches to Mars first. Those fuckers are masters at adaptation.

Messages In This Thread
Are we alone? Bets are we're not. - by Gawdzilla Sama - July 10, 2019 at 3:52 pm
RE: Are we alone? Bets are we're not. - by Brian37 - July 10, 2019 at 4:12 pm
RE: Are we alone? Bets are we're not. - by onlinebiker - July 10, 2019 at 4:56 pm
RE: Are we alone? Bets are we're not. - by Fireball - July 10, 2019 at 5:40 pm
RE: Are we alone? Bets are we're not. - by onlinebiker - July 10, 2019 at 5:47 pm
RE: Are we alone? Bets are we're not. - by The Valkyrie - July 10, 2019 at 7:07 pm
RE: Are we alone? Bets are we're not. - by Anomalocaris - July 10, 2019 at 6:22 pm