Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oregon Journalist Andy Ngo Attacked By Antifa Members
RE: Oregon Journalist Andy Ngo Attacked By Antifa Members
(July 21, 2019 at 10:12 am)Sal Wrote:
(July 20, 2019 at 11:29 pm)Amarok Wrote: Nope but you believe  scumbags like Ngo can be bullied  or be victims what does that say about you ?

Maybe, some day, you will get a tiny hold on introspection long enough to realize what kind of garbage you're spewing.

Until then, some Mitchell and Webb:

I'm far older then you so I had plenty of time for introspection likely longer then you have been alive . But funny enough sonny this comment of yours better refers to you, And this sketch doesn't show any fault with Antifa it shows a fault with writers not understanding the thing they are mocking. Comedy sketches are a bad place to get political philosophy I suggest picking up a book on the subject pertaining to valid use of political violence .

(July 21, 2019 at 10:15 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: That skit is a great argument for antifas position.  Right or wrong ( in some moral sense).

Broadly, we agree with the intent but reject the methods, laying aside that most people don’t actually have a firm grasp of what antifa does.

Even in this, we reject the methods only insomuch as we tell ourselves it isn’t that bad, yet.

Hiding under that rejection is implicit consent - if it were-.  Many people imagine that in that event, they would resist, and resist violently.  Even though that’s not true.  Every single person is far....far more likely to be the jackbooted arm of an oppressive state than a heroic freedom fighter, if there even is such a thing.

What makes that skit so funny to me is that it’s not so far off base.  It’s conceivable that the people in question never thought to ask themselves whether they were the baddies until they were well into a pattern of atrocity, if ever.  Are we going to have to reach the point of elimination and war before we ask ourselves the same?

Antifa contends that the likely answer, the historically demonstrated answer, and the answer in current circumstance, is yes.  By then, ofc, it’s already too late for the people we’ve failed.

-and I know, I know, violence isn’t the answer, peaceful protest and resistance and all that ( and even within antifa there’s a preference for the same as a product of western culture).  I think it’s important to remember that we say that coming from an ideological rather than factual basis.  We want it to be true, we endeavor to make it true.... but it isn’t true in any other sense.

That’s why our rejections take the form of implicit and explicit caveats rather than categorical denunciation, even when we’re attempting the latter.
I disagree that is never the answer . It's not the preferred answer but sometimes it is the answer even if it's isn't pitiable or good PR.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oregon Journalist Andy Ngo Attacked By Antifa Members - by Amarok - July 21, 2019 at 12:19 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oregon Has No Death Row BrianSoddingBoru4 6 912 December 14, 2022 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Nine family members killed in US airstrike in Kabul targeting suspected ISIS-K bomber WinterHold 16 1040 August 31, 2021 at 7:34 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Saudi journalist killed and hacked inside Saudi embassy in Istanbul WinterHold 333 26069 January 16, 2021 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Portland, Oregon And Dublin Ireland: A Lesson BrianSoddingBoru4 31 1508 July 23, 2020 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Ghanem Almasarir, Saudi Human Rights Activist attacked in London WinterHold 3 605 October 12, 2018 at 4:02 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Oregon School District forces LGBT kids to read bible as punishment Divinity 42 3686 May 14, 2018 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Train Carrying GOP Members Crashes Into Trash Truck A Theist 40 5632 February 1, 2018 at 6:43 am
Last Post: A Theist
  Go Oregon! Foxaèr 9 1575 June 14, 2017 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Antifa bike lock attacker arrested John V 71 28312 June 3, 2017 at 5:17 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Antifa Writer assaulted by racist Muslims account_inactive 21 2951 September 12, 2016 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: RobertE