Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Creationists don't realize the biblical Creation is just jewish mythology?
Why Creationists don't realize the biblical Creation is just jewish mythology?
I've come to realize early on when I first turned away from faith 2 years ago, that the scriptures that both jews and christians use and believe are no more credible than any other older theology that we all have come to know as myths. I mean honestly, we don't take greek mythology and others seriously because the stories and claims in those myths have so much incorrect information about this earth and the cosmos that it's obvious no greek had been inspired by any all knowing god or gods. But we all, and this includes theists read those myths as literal claims, thus deeming those stories astronomically incorrect on so many levels.

What baffles me now, is that we have a world with the majority of believers who believe in the same god, that being Jehovah/Yahweh, but just like those other theological stories we all call myths, the claims within christian/jewish/muslim scriptures about the nature of this world and cosmos are just as incorrect as those we call myths. So my question is, how can an apologist have no problem calling other theologies myths but when facing the same fallacies that are litterally described in their bible, they pass these errors off as metaphores, yet still somehow say an all knowing true god was communicating with these jews and justify it's existence, but wouldn't dream of giving greek or hindu mythology a chance on the grounds that, the claims were "mysterious" metaphores not to be taken literally but the gods still exist and created everything. 

It is obvious to me that there was no more of a real god interacting with the jews , than there was with the greeks, hindus, ect...  and just like the reason we call other old theologies "myths", that being the things that come out of the mouths of these people who claimed a spiritual entity had spoken to them when noone else was around, this same reason why I say this god that the jews wrote about is as much of a delusion as the rest...

Messages In This Thread
Why Creationists don't realize the biblical Creation is just jewish mythology? - by android17ak47 - July 20, 2019 at 5:42 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inquiry regarding creationists neil 48 1754 February 18, 2024 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How do you feel about all these creationists? suddenlymark 32 3221 August 15, 2023 at 8:01 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Children removed from Jewish sect's jungle compound in Mexico zebo-the-fat 3 621 September 30, 2022 at 5:12 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Prayers don't work so why do religious keep jabbing at it? Fake Messiah 65 9661 August 26, 2019 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Why We don't take your Holy Scriptures Seriously vulcanlogician 75 7585 October 25, 2018 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why do some believers claim that all religions are just as good? Der/die AtheistIn 22 3709 June 25, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  When does biblical history begin ? possibletarian 59 22361 November 24, 2017 at 1:27 am
Last Post: possibletarian
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 7835 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  10 Questions Biblical Literalists Cannot Honestly Answer Foxaèr 431 125729 August 12, 2017 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Don't you just love the hypocrisy of religion. ignoramus 86 22200 July 16, 2017 at 7:04 am
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn