Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love lift us up where we belong...
Love lift us up where we belong...
Both left and right argue about service to America. I hate this shit. The argument, to me isn't about party. There was less if to no argument about conservative vs liberal when America was fighting Hitler and Japan. 

But why should I lie about my own failure? I signed up for the Air Force and washed out. I look back at it now, and understand why I failed. How can someone who was bullied as a kid, raised by authoritarian parents, go into such a serious contract, being bullied, and expected to perform as if they were Superman or Obi Wan?

The lesson of the movie "An Officer And A Gentleman" was not that being "a man" was a script, but in that some people are better suited to doing a job than others. I think the lesson lost in that movie, is that even he wished his friend had dropped out without committing suicide.

I failed out of Air Force basic. By the time I went in, I had a lifetime of grade school, and high school bullying. On top of, all be it, well intended authoritarian parents, who wanted me to be "tough", which never took.

I have every admiration for those who landed on the beaches of Normandy. I also have every admiration for the likes of Ann Frank and Malala. But I am sick of this bullshit notion, that the sexual organs between someone's legs has shit to do with morality. Hitler had a dick but he was still history's biggest fucking dick.

Messages In This Thread
Love lift us up where we belong... - by Brian37 - October 26, 2019 at 11:05 am
RE: Love lift us up where we belong... - by arewethereyet - October 26, 2019 at 11:13 am
RE: Love lift us up where we belong... - by Brian37 - October 26, 2019 at 11:26 am
RE: Love lift us up where we belong... - by arewethereyet - October 26, 2019 at 12:40 pm
RE: Love lift us up where we belong... - by Brian37 - October 26, 2019 at 2:09 pm
RE: Love lift us up where we belong... - by onlinebiker - October 26, 2019 at 1:26 pm
RE: Love lift us up where we belong... - by Gawdzilla Sama - October 26, 2019 at 1:44 pm
RE: Love lift us up where we belong... - by arewethereyet - October 26, 2019 at 2:45 pm
RE: Love lift us up where we belong... - by onlinebiker - October 26, 2019 at 3:06 pm
RE: Love lift us up where we belong... - by arewethereyet - October 26, 2019 at 3:21 pm
RE: Love lift us up where we belong... - by arewethereyet - October 26, 2019 at 7:01 pm
RE: Love lift us up where we belong... - by Brian37 - October 26, 2019 at 5:24 pm
RE: Love lift us up where we belong... - by Little lunch - October 26, 2019 at 3:56 pm
RE: Love lift us up where we belong... - by onlinebiker - October 26, 2019 at 6:08 pm