Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Quranic Reflection]: The universe is expanding
RE: [Quranic Reflection]: The universe is expanding
(June 23, 2020 at 2:47 am)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: At work.

(June 23, 2020 at 1:13 am)WinterHold Wrote: God told humanity about the truth of the cosmos in the Quran; that it is "expanding"; so we know that after Pluto there are billions of other planets beyond our reach. It's an expanding sky; after all, with God alone knowing its limit.

I find it strange that you expect the Quran to do your homework for you.

Ironically, even if you tried to count, your limited storage will run out.

*Reads WinterHold's response....... Re-reads WinterHold's response slowly a second time..... *

*Bursts out laughing and startles co-workers...

Okay, lets get this straight.

You make the claim that your religious book has useful, valid scientific information but only AFTER science has done the 'Hard yards' of correlating all the actual evidence and data.

When asked about future, currently unverified information that science hopes to uncover you seem all;

"Nope! Figure that one out for your self!"

So, I ask again, what future predictions does your book make about science matters and is/are any of them about Pluto?

*Like the fact that further analysis of the images regarding said distant body determin that it coalesced 'Quickly' and hence was 'Hot' with a liquid interior for quite some time.

*See Phil Plait's latest "Bad Astronomy" post on 'Scyfi wire' for the proper/professional story.

I don't know how can I rephrase that the Quran said that the heaven is expanding.
It is not a competition, rather a clear statement that scientific discovery approved as a fact.

Isn't this what non-Muslims were asking for regarding the Quran?

I don't care about what Pluto or Frudo has to show. Islam never said that scientific discovery is forbidden; that's Christianity and the Church, not us Muslims.

(June 23, 2020 at 6:07 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: At work.

Oh look! They've just scientifically verified the 'Penrose effect.

We're one step closer to turning black holes into (Effectivly) perpetual motion machines.

I'm hearing crickets again from the 'Quran corner'.....

Coffee

She's insisting on thinking that Islam prosecuted scientific discovery.
Like......

(June 23, 2020 at 9:49 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: OFC he's lying for big mo, islamists have taken to the same types of apologetics that christians have found success with, not just because they find themselves competing for souls in a zero sum game with christians, but also because dominionists and islamists both realize that science holds an authority that their religion has lost.

This has always been Winters schtick, here, and he's never strayed from those topics which his witch doctors have consistently groomed him on.  If you read through the views of the movement that's produced the creature we see before us you'll only be even more disappointed in Winter, because none of his pet topics are even his own brand of crazy.  Simply something that a radical sectarian has told him, subject for subject and word for word...that he repeats to us.

The moment I resort to trickery and lies, is the moment I declare that I'm not even a Muslim.
I left both for you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Quranic Reflection]: The universe is expanding - by WinterHold - June 24, 2020 at 12:53 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic Reflection] : "Joseph; he came to you before with the clear proofs". WinterHold 60 4253 September 22, 2023 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  [Quranic Reflection]: The Aten. WinterHold 35 2764 June 10, 2023 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  [Quranic Reflection]: the sound of hell. WinterHold 13 1409 April 18, 2023 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  [Quranic reflection]: Homosexuality is nothing but Sexual Gratification. WinterHold 58 4075 March 27, 2023 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part V, objects never leave hell. WinterHold 40 2976 January 5, 2023 at 11:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part IV: the noodle effect. WinterHold 21 2078 November 25, 2022 at 11:25 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  [Quranic reflection]: What is time? WinterHold 13 1292 July 29, 2022 at 3:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4197 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part III WinterHold 71 4465 May 8, 2022 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: JairCrawford
  The Origins of the Universe king krish 62 4632 March 23, 2022 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate