Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians.
RE: Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians.
(September 23, 2020 at 11:29 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: We "do sports" for alot of reasons.  A list would be inconsequential if competition were evil.  All of the reasons would then be evil reasons.  

We never know who is The Fittest™.  Both competition and cooperation demonstrate a specific and limited fitness.   We can use either for good or for evil - neither of which are a measure of biological fitness in the first place.  

Again, though, it's not necessary to argue your good or bad making properties.  Sin in your telling is the urge to mate...not the competition or the cooperation that urge may engender.  If we cooperated out of the urge to mate, we would be cooperating by compulsion of sin.  If we compete out of the urge to mate, we compete by the compulsion of sin.  Sin is the thing that compels, not the circumstance it happens in, or the action it causes.

The survival of the fittest is described in part as the ability to reproduce.

Cooperating with the women is good, but our instincts want us to prove our fitness by competition.

We will not go look for an adversary, but will certainly fight when someone else comes by to compete for our woman.

Regards
DL

(September 23, 2020 at 3:32 pm)Drich Wrote:
(September 20, 2020 at 4:07 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians.

Protestants through Martin Luther agree.  
“Be a sinner and sin strongly, but more strongly have faith and rejoice in Christ.” Martin Luther

]Christians and Catholics agree and sing of sin being a happy fault, due to keeping Yahweh’s Great Plan on track.
Quote:

The sex of the talking serpent is not known, --- as far as I know, --- but she is likely female.

not true, eve was the mother of nations and at the end of a very long search to find adam a equal/suitable companion. abraham's wife was also the one grounded in truth while he lied and made enemies of kings. Ruth was also a outstanding woman and model in the bible.

Quote:Women are the archetypal source of evil for man; and deserves it. Happily. They are the evolutionary prize.
you have to ignore 1/2 the women in the bible to make that determination.

Quote:Not for sin, of course. That is mostly man’s fault, thanks to testosterone.

Men are forced to compete for women and those competitions are the source of all human to human evil.
examples?

Quote:The problem of evil is puny as compared to the greater good of our continuing existence.
citation?

Quote:Gnostic Christians were known as the only good Christians.

Christ literally taught there are no good people period. So that is crap/lie.
Quote:This, of course, given that my old Jesus mind has created my Christ consciousness, --- thanks to Gnosis, --- I know this to have some merit, but cannot personally take that label. It must be recognized.
by whom?

Quote:One cannot acclaim oneself legitimately.

I can claim to be a great sinner, because you have to be to have a Christ consciousness. I have sinned in my mind and that is as good as doing evil, said Jesus.
because doing good does not buy you heaven. there is a greater righteousness at play here.
roamans 5:So that one sin of Adam brought the punishment of death to all people. But in the same way, Christ did something so good that it makes all people right with God. And that brings them true life. 19 One man disobeyed God and many became sinners. But in the same way, one man obeyed God and many will be made right. 20 The law was brought in so that more people would sin the way Adam did. But where sin increased, there was even more of God’s grace. 21 Sin once used death to rule us. But God gave us more of his grace so that grace could rule by making us right with him. And this brings us eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.So do you think we should continue sinning so that God will give us more and more grace? Of course not! Our old sinful life ended. It’s dead. So how can we continue living in sin? Did you forget that all of us became part of Christ Jesus when we were baptized? In our baptism we shared in his death. So when we were baptized, we were buried with Christ and took part in his death. And just as Christ was raised from death by the wonderful power of the Father, so we can now live a new life.

Christ died, and we have been joined with him by dying too. So we will also be joined with him by rising from death as he did. We know that our old life was put to death on the cross with Christ. This happened so that our sinful selves would have no power over us. Then we would not be slaves to sin. Anyone who has died is made free

Given my old Jesus consciousness, that is morphing into my Christ consciousness, --- through sinning greatly, --- I would invite all believers to do so, so as to get closer to god.

Quote:I did not check the Qur’an, but like the other Abrahamic religions, it too likely has Allah thinking sin is a really happy fault and great part of God’s Great Plan.

read passage in romans if you are concerned with what the bible has to say.
Quote:The mentally Catholic/Christian/Torah part of me, has to agree with how Yahweh, although I hate to give that genocidal ^^&*&^&*  any credit for anything the mythicists put into his vile demiurge mouth.

The term Demiurge was likely invented by the more polite Gnostics. I like my modern interpretation. Plain evil.

I had to modernize it so that the literalists would perhaps take note and reduce his status; at least to below Jesus and Hitler. Mind you, literalists would have Jesus do Armageddon. Yuk.

As men compete and create most of the human to human evil in the world, a necessary evil, let us all pray that those that have shown themselves to be the fittest oligarchs, remember how generous they have been in the past and personally, I would like to see them compete in their philanthropy, that has already greatly improved our socio economic progress.

Are the Abrahamic religions correct in their view of sin being good? 

I think they are but should work a lot harder at teaching Abrahamists what that means, so as to check their turn or burn unreligious views.

It is Christians who must turn from their vile god, or burn, not the other way around as Christians claim.

Regards
DL
you have completely misrepresented the bible in such a way i can only assume it is intentional.  this is a biblical interpretation of sin.. good and evil represent only 1/3 of the totality of sin. which makes 2/3s of everything you said here wrong.

You must be a lot brighter than I, even though you positing that a genocidal prick of a god is somehow a good god, which shows that even the bright can have satanic morals.

If evolutionary demands for competition are not the source of all human to human evil, bright boy,  what is?

Regards
DL

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians. - by Greatest I am - September 23, 2020 at 3:43 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things atheists say: Goatherders Data 45 1791 September 18, 2023 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1320 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I literally cannot avoid sinning; so, why... zwanzig 70 3750 July 23, 2023 at 7:43 am
Last Post: no one
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1218 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  How do Christians imagine 2nd coming of Jesus? Fake Messiah 39 3692 September 15, 2020 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Hitler was genocidal and evil. Yahweh’s genocides are good; say Christians, Muslims & Greatest I am 25 2313 September 14, 2020 at 3:50 pm
  "Good" & "Bad" Christians? Fake Messiah 153 9812 August 27, 2019 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7792 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
  Three in five British adults say miracles are possible zebo-the-fat 15 1987 September 30, 2018 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Good Christians only may answer... Gawdzilla Sama 58 10078 September 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso