Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"?
RE: How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"?
(October 5, 2020 at 6:07 pm)Osopatata Wrote: This is a tactic that some have used when discussing religion with me: They say they have had a meditative experience and realized all is one, or otherwise postulate that all is one for some other reason. That oneness for no logical reason is extrapolated to be a magical, mystical thing that validates religious views.

It becomes a stone wall when one may try to question the validity of a religious view, but it is explained by something beyond normal understanding like "all is one." So the conversation is blocked off completely unless one can refute this position and demonstrate that it is utterly untenable, and so the opponent must then defend their religious views in terms that do not go into realms of illogical postulations.

Seems to me there are some seriously fatal flaws in the logic of such a position as "all is one". However I am far from a logician. Could anyone offer some refutations that invalidate such a view?

An agnostic is a God believing atheist. The difference between an agnostic and an atheist is the statement. I believe in God, everything else is practically the same, i even got atheists that called God a s***head, to pray for me. They cursed and swore at God but said "Joshua i prayed for you last night" 

I do not need to defend anything, its all clockwork and interpretation is incredibly easy to see and understand. It all depends on what we choose to look out for, and how hardened our hearts are, and how the persons mind thinks and understands. I always say the land of Israel is there today with all the sites.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"? - by Prycejosh1987 - December 21, 2020 at 3:33 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A "meta-argument" against all future arguments for God's existence ? R00tKiT 225 14428 April 17, 2022 at 2:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Two scenarios that may/may not happen. RayOfLight 85 16410 November 2, 2017 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  I think my mother may be becoming an atheist, advice? IanHulett 22 5582 October 17, 2015 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: abaris
Video VenomFangX Attempts to Refute Atheist Arguments Mental Outlaw 18 3859 August 19, 2015 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Religious bumper stickers and other annoying religious actions. (rant, sorta) DIRTY_DEEDS_93 53 12707 May 25, 2015 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Cephus
  The more troubling fact is not that this may be genuine, but that it's hard to doubt Mudhammam 16 5013 August 13, 2014 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Lucanus
  Atheist YouTube channel you may not have heard of Sejanus 2 1340 June 9, 2014 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Can Atheists and Religious people be one? Phatt Matt s 14 3777 March 28, 2014 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why Agnostic Atheism may not be the most logical stance. Mystic 36 12531 March 1, 2014 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
Tongue If there is no God, then, one may ask DOS 137 21083 December 12, 2013 at 8:37 am
Last Post: Brian37