Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flat Earther, and other conspiracy theories. Are they mostly atheists?
RE: Flat Earther, and other conspiracy theories. Are they mostly atheists?
(April 22, 2021 at 10:40 am)Reforged Wrote:
(April 22, 2021 at 10:38 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: It's one of those super interesting ones where, if you actually set out to observe the curvature of the earth as a complete layperson - you'd likely see something that seemed to suggest the flat earthers doubts had merit.

Yep. The edge of the world. Again, this is easily verified. Just sail up to it.
Don't bother asking a pilot to fly you there, they'll just fly you in a circle.

Oh, no., no nonono, what I mean is that if you try to observe the curvature in a set of circumstances that we might call realistic for the average person - you really can see things that would suggest that the earth was flat.  There was actually a business and market to this back in the day.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedford_Level_experiment
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Flat Earther, and other conspiracy theories. Are they mostly atheists? - by The Grand Nudger - April 22, 2021 at 10:47 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 10903 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  What is a theist other then the basic definition? Quill01 4 706 August 1, 2022 at 11:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  forbidding people to love each other Fake Messiah 210 23097 September 16, 2021 at 1:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" ignoramus 121 20524 March 5, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Survivalist conspiracy crap..... Brian37 27 2907 January 18, 2019 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Conspiracy after the fact onlinebiker 7 1502 October 14, 2018 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Proof of Jesus through Personal testimony. Christianity over other faiths orthodox-man 46 8171 January 29, 2018 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Why do some moderates get so attached to other believers? Der/die AtheistIn 4 1246 December 19, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I had a religious experience the other night I_am_not_mafia 34 5383 November 22, 2017 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Are you and your significant other a "real" power couple? Foxaèr 19 2788 August 4, 2016 at 8:13 am
Last Post: ignoramus