Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote.
GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote.
Ever since I can remember, back in the 80s and even now, it astounds me how anyone whom rightfully escapes Cuba's communism comes to America and votes for a party that clearly panders to a xenophobic base. And even on economics. the GOP have been masters in that same time, of selling the idea that if you dare question or tax billionaires somehow, you want to become like Cuba.

Why the boomerang? Economies don't have to be "Che/Castro vs Ayn Rand". Some on the far left, whom I do not agree with, being a liberal myself, have pointed to Cuba's free medical care and higher education. But then as a result, those on the far right shout "SEE SEE SEE, THEY DO WANT COMMUNISM." 

I'd argue that you can have both an open market, and a fair market, and the private sector, and affordable living without infringing on personal freedom.

Being a liberal, I don't like Hitler, or Stalin or Castro, or even China's oppressive politics. But currently in America, there is imbalance of power and wealth between the top and the bottom. Questioning someone in Jeff Bezo's class does not mean I love Castro, or China's politics. It merely means we are currently lopsided as far as having a voice in government and the results that come out of our voices. 

Marco Rubio to me, is a horrible representative for Cuban refugees, and even poor rural whites that his party appeals to nationally. I want freedom for Cubans. I also want urban and rural workers to be stable too. I don't see how Jeff Bezos is helping humanity in this respect when his class's wealth is astronomically and epically far higher than the low level workers giant corporations make. 

Why cant we have universal health care and affordable living and value freedom?  

The GOP would argue the only class that knows what is best for everyone else are billionaires. But to Marco, why does he never talk about the fact that when Fidel Castro died, he had a personal estimated wealth of $800 million dollars? Why does the GOP never point out that the Saudi Royal Family are billionaires? Why do they never point out the fact that Gadaffi was a billionaire?

Why do the GOP ignore that if one were to visit Beijing China, one can find Apple stores and McDonald's? Billionaires are not a patent held by the open west. There is not one nation, friend or foe, that does not invest in the global market.

I hate states that silence journalists, and oppress dissent. American Cubans can do far better than the GOP and Marco.

Messages In This Thread
GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. - by Brian37 - July 29, 2021 at 11:39 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Absurd GOP Foxaèr 2081 119615 9 hours ago
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Earning the Vote FrustratedFool 111 4083 November 9, 2023 at 4:06 pm
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 972 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
  Kevin McCarthy loses 6th vote for Speaker Brian37 111 4713 January 7, 2023 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Yet Another GOP Dumpster Fire Of A Human Being BrianSoddingBoru4 139 9872 July 23, 2022 at 4:20 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  So what is GOP's plan for the new wave of newborns? Fake Messiah 43 2726 June 30, 2022 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Why do we hate the American military institution? WinterHold 16 842 November 23, 2021 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1642 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Would you vote for a Scientologist? Fake Messiah 19 893 March 14, 2021 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 7493 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker