Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 10:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just the essentials or all the bells and whistles?
Just the essentials or all the bells and whistles?
Another what do you prefer thread. When you purchase something do you more often pick economy or luxury? Function or flash? Somewhere in the middle?

Our washer recently crapped out and we needed to but a new one. The last one my wife selected, top of the line. Must have had 50 different types of wash cycles that could have been programmed in. How many variations did we use, 8 tops. And we hated it, was not kind to the material and never really spun effectively causing us to use extra dryer time.

I picked out this washer, has a dozen cycle variations, was middle of the road on price and my wife loves it. I'm shocked.

So I guess I'm a somewhere in the middle person leaning toward essentials, economy and function. I tend to purchase vehicles this way also. I almost dread the next vehicle purchase.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Messages In This Thread
Just the essentials or all the bells and whistles? - by brewer - September 16, 2021 at 12:18 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I Just Say and I'm just being honest (Holiday Edition) Mystical 9 2119 November 25, 2016 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  So I just got back my IQ score and diagnosis and I'm sad MusicLovingAtheist 43 18761 September 26, 2014 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  My psycho mom just took away my purse with all my belongings without ANY warning! jashleygirl 65 11844 August 5, 2014 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: Violet
  I just wanted you all to know Losty 12 3971 May 3, 2014 at 10:38 am
Last Post: Napoléon