Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just the essentials or all the bells and whistles?
RE: Just the essentials or all the bells and whistles?
Though not things with lots of bells and whistles, when I took up sewing again last year I found that there are a lot of handy gadgets now that didn't exist when last I was sewing regularly.

Oh my gosh...all the cool things!  Like my husband and his tools...he has wrenches and sockets and from tiny to huge (for working on semis), I now have a rather embarassingly large collection.  I still have sewing things from when I was in high school and still use some of them but the new stuff out there...yeah, I need to try this out...and I need to try that too.  Since my girls and my son's girlfriend have little interest in sewing, there's gonna be a lot of good stuff no one wants or even knows what it's for when I'm gone.  Also, like my husband, I take very good care of my 'tools'...that's why I still have things that work just fine from the 70s.

And, I'm with @HappySkeptic on the clothes thing.  Since I no longer have to go to an office and follow someone else's dress code, I am in jeans and T-shirts the majority of the time.  I'm not hard on shoes or clothes so when I do get something new it lasts a long, long time.  I have shoes older than some of the people on this forum.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Messages In This Thread
Just the essentials or all the bells and whistles? - by brewer - September 16, 2021 at 12:18 pm
RE: Just the essentials or all the bells and whistles? - by arewethereyet - September 17, 2021 at 11:54 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I Just Say and I'm just being honest (Holiday Edition) Mystical 9 2147 November 25, 2016 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  So I just got back my IQ score and diagnosis and I'm sad MusicLovingAtheist 43 18837 September 26, 2014 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  My psycho mom just took away my purse with all my belongings without ANY warning! jashleygirl 65 11990 August 5, 2014 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: Violet
  I just wanted you all to know Losty 12 3976 May 3, 2014 at 10:38 am
Last Post: Napoléon