Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mathematical Error of Prevailing Selfishness
RE: The Mathematical Error of Prevailing Selfishness
(September 28, 2021 at 4:00 pm)DLJ Wrote: Also, if you've ever been involved in BCP (business continuity planning) or DR (disaster recovery) you'll have spotted the benefits (even criticality) of switching to a dictatorship model to ensure the survival of The Group over the individual.  

Welcome to the dystopia.

The group has value only because the individuals have value.  The apparatus of a government has value only its ability to provide a framework for individuals to survive and flourish.  Sometimes the existence of civilization and a good framework requires foundational myths, and the willingness of a population to mostly accept the will of the majority, but if bottom-up authority inverts to become dictatorship, or if the needs of the individuals become subsumed into the needs of the state, its time for some forced change.

Covid restrictions are an interesting use-case for this.  Does having to have a mask or vaccine constitute tyranny?  I don't think so.  It's simple self defense.  I don't want some fuckwit to kill me or my family by spreading a preventable disease.

Messages In This Thread
The Mathematical Error of Prevailing Selfishness - by Duty - September 26, 2021 at 5:01 am
RE: The Mathematical Error of Prevailing Selfishness - by Duty - September 26, 2021 at 5:12 am
RE: The Mathematical Error of Prevailing Selfishness - by Duty - September 26, 2021 at 11:30 pm
RE: The Mathematical Error of Prevailing Selfishness - by DLJ - September 26, 2021 at 5:36 am
RE: The Mathematical Error of Prevailing Selfishness - by Duty - September 26, 2021 at 6:41 am
RE: The Mathematical Error of Prevailing Selfishness - by Duty - September 26, 2021 at 7:16 am
RE: The Mathematical Error of Prevailing Selfishness - by Duty - September 27, 2021 at 2:03 am
RE: The Mathematical Error of Prevailing Selfishness - by Duty - September 27, 2021 at 2:14 am
RE: The Mathematical Error of Prevailing Selfishness - by DLJ - September 28, 2021 at 3:53 am
RE: The Mathematical Error of Prevailing Selfishness - by DLJ - September 28, 2021 at 4:00 pm
RE: The Mathematical Error of Prevailing Selfishness - by HappySkeptic - September 28, 2021 at 4:18 pm
RE: The Mathematical Error of Prevailing Selfishness - by DLJ - September 29, 2021 at 4:23 am
RE: The Mathematical Error of Prevailing Selfishness - by DLJ - September 29, 2021 at 3:08 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Category Error of Scientism Neo-Scholastic 55 10297 February 2, 2014 at 12:00 am
Last Post: Angrboda