Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am stunned religion hasn't been abolished yet
I am stunned religion hasn't been abolished yet
Religion, sadly, will never go away. No matter how much science you put forward, religious followers want to control people with their beliefs. I often wonder how many religious people would pass a lie detector test that they DO, in fact, BELIEVE and that religion isn't just a handy label to put on yourself to have (imagined) moral hierarchy. Every religious person I have ever known is a hypocrite and goes against their own beliefs and they always have some lame excuse or they just throw dirt over the problem. I am so tired of people saying they are going to pray for me when it is ALWAYS said in retaliatory sarcasm. If you're going to REALLY pray FOR me then great! I could use a LOT more money, thank you. I want to live to be 125. I want to have a huge birthday party, every year attended by celebrities, I want my kids to have their every dream and wish come true and I will keep you updated so you can make sure when you 'pray' for me that you don't miss anything.

I feel like religious people have all the rights in this country. They can start churches and don't have to pay taxes. The closest thing we have to an Atheist "church" is the Universal Unitarian church that STILL has sermons based on cult or sect spiritual beliefs. AND, of course, all religions are welcome to attend a UU church. Where is the church of science? Or maybe not a "church" since religious folks have coined that term but maybe a gathering place for atheists? I would go every week if I could find one. 

I recently joined a MeetUp for Atheists. I am waiting for them to approve me!

Messages In This Thread
I am stunned religion hasn't been abolished yet - by Agnostic1 - November 21, 2021 at 7:04 pm
RE: I am stunned religion hasn't been abolished yet - by T.J. - November 21, 2021 at 7:36 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I've Been MIRACLED!!! brokefree 1 768 June 9, 2021 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  What do you believe in that hasnt been proven to exist? goombah111 197 23513 March 5, 2021 at 6:47 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Reason Jesus must have been a real person mrj 74 9935 March 5, 2021 at 6:44 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The witness argument (yet again, I know, I know) Mystic 81 10906 August 19, 2018 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Religion and health - not exactly what we've been told.... Angrboda 4 708 July 22, 2018 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Has anyone been to a funeral where the individual goes to hell? brewer 27 5545 May 8, 2017 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10601 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Jesus the Jew, yet non-Jew Foxaèr 21 3489 January 19, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4869 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19602 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon