Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deciphering gibberish?
Deciphering gibberish?
I have a question that I'm still trying to figure out and I'm probably going to be trying to figure out for a while 
I occasionally, shift back into having debates I understand debating is basically: Two people doing this to each other  Dead Horse 
We're on the same page? If so cool, I don't really want to go into my own reasoning for continuing to debate but that's a conversation for another day. 
What I'm needing to ask is it me and my lack of knowledge that makes it difficult for me to look at a religious person trying to make an argument and see gibberish?
I'm not saying that to be mean. I genuinely am trying to understand their perspectives and how they've arrived at the conclusions they have no matter how extreme. 
There are arguments that pop up that I can't decipher. Yet, I see people usually atheists that can have these conversations and seem to understand the questions. 
Is the understanding in some of these questions from people's lived personal experiences? And am I just never going to be able to grasp how people arrive at insane concepts? 
Or is there a skill in myself that I am missing? I'm aware I've probably phrased this a couple of other ways in the past sadly half the time I'm here I don't remember what I last posted
every time i show up I'm always here with new ideas and concepts I'm bouncing around in my head or simular ones I'm trying to phrase in new ways. As a friend told me if you cannot verbalize what you're trying to say correctly people aren't to understand what you're asking. So I'm working on that. 

Another way of phrasing this may be: How to decipher gibberish? 
Or should i be treating some of these conversations as actually dulisional? (Of course in a nicer manner)

Messages In This Thread
Deciphering gibberish? - by SlowCalculations - December 4, 2021 at 4:56 pm
RE: Deciphering gibberish? - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - December 4, 2021 at 5:15 pm
RE: Deciphering gibberish? - by SlowCalculations - December 4, 2021 at 5:20 pm
RE: Deciphering gibberish? - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - December 4, 2021 at 5:58 pm
RE: Deciphering gibberish? - by Oldandeasilyconfused - December 4, 2021 at 6:18 pm
RE: Deciphering gibberish? - by SlowCalculations - December 4, 2021 at 8:11 pm
RE: Deciphering gibberish? - by SlowCalculations - December 4, 2021 at 8:18 pm
RE: Deciphering gibberish? - by Fireball - December 4, 2021 at 6:25 pm
RE: Deciphering gibberish? - by Oldandeasilyconfused - December 4, 2021 at 6:37 pm
RE: Deciphering gibberish? - by SlowCalculations - December 4, 2021 at 8:05 pm
RE: Deciphering gibberish? - by Oldandeasilyconfused - December 4, 2021 at 8:40 pm
RE: Deciphering gibberish? - by SlowCalculations - December 4, 2021 at 9:05 pm
RE: Deciphering gibberish? - by T.J. - December 4, 2021 at 8:08 pm
RE: Deciphering gibberish? - by SlowCalculations - December 4, 2021 at 8:12 pm
RE: Deciphering gibberish? - by zwanzig - December 4, 2021 at 8:17 pm
RE: Deciphering gibberish? - by albatross - December 5, 2021 at 8:40 am
RE: Deciphering gibberish? - by SlowCalculations - December 5, 2021 at 11:38 am
RE: Deciphering gibberish? - by Brian37 - December 5, 2021 at 1:15 pm
RE: Deciphering gibberish? - by albatross - December 5, 2021 at 1:19 pm
RE: Deciphering gibberish? - by SlowCalculations - December 6, 2021 at 10:05 am
RE: Deciphering gibberish? - by Paleophyte - December 5, 2021 at 8:43 pm
RE: Deciphering gibberish? - by brewer - December 6, 2021 at 12:13 am
RE: Deciphering gibberish? - by Simon Moon - December 6, 2021 at 1:22 pm