Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A "meta-argument" against all future arguments for God's existence ?
RE: A "meta-argument" against all future arguments for God's existence ?
(March 27, 2022 at 3:35 pm)Nomad Wrote:
(March 26, 2022 at 11:14 pm)Ferrocyanide Wrote: Russia is protecting russian people who are in Ukraine. If they don’t do it, who will?

So they're protecting these people from themselves now?  The only people who have been killing ethnic Russian Ukrainians have been members of the Russian army.  It's gotten so bad now that (outside of the two puppet Donbas dictatorships) pretty much all Russians in Ukraine have become heavily anti-Russia.

Mariupol is a majority ethnic Russian city, who's blowing it to shit and back? Russia. You can say the same of other eastern Ukrainian cities like Zaporizhia or Kharkiv, the Russians are bombing the shit out of their fellow ethnic Russians who are becoming passionately loyal to Ukraine as a result.

As I said in my last response to you, believe your own bullshit if you want, but don't for a minute think that people with an iota of independent thought will be taken in by it.

That’s quite possible. I’m sure that there are plenty of russians in Ukraine and in Russia who dislike Putin and there are those who want him in power.
It’s the same in Armenia.

Then there is this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolution_of_Dignity

Quote:On 23 February, parliament adopted a bill to repeal the country's law on minority languages. If signed by the president, the bill would have disestablished Russian as a minority language of Ukraine, although regions like Crimea are populated by a Russian-speaking majority.[278]

This indicates that there is friction between ukranians and russians.
Deesse23 was having doubts when I said:
“Russia is protecting russian people who are in Ukraine.”

His response was:
Thats what russian government controlled media are spewing, propaganda. Got some facts to support this?

and my response was:
In order to have such facts, you would have to discuss the situation with the people over there or you have to be living over there.
In the case of Ukraine, I do not truly know but I think it makes sense.
I follow armenian channels on Youtube and there are quite a lot of anti-russian sentiment over there. The population is split. Some are pro-russian and some are not.
It sounds like you are saying there is no anti-russian sentiment over there and you require me to provide evidence.
I’m sorry, but I cannot satisfy your request but maybe you can contact a large number of ukrainians and have discussions with them and watch some ukrainian channels.

---
But apparently there is more to the story. There are petrol or natural gas reserves that Shell and Exxon are interested in extracting in Ukraine. Probably another reason for Russia to invade the region.
The same applies to the USA. It makes good business sense for the USA to massage the back of Ukraine, bring them into NATO and establish some large USA (and friends) companies in Ukraine.

Quote:As I said in my last response to you, believe your own bullshit if you want, but don't for a minute think that people with an iota of independent thought will be taken in by it.

OK, so I guess I have to be like you:
Hey everybody, Ukraine didn’t do anything, the USA didn’t do anything. Putin woke up one day and for no reason at all, took a map and without looking put his finger on the map and said “Today, we will invade this country. Unfortunately, his finger had landed on Ukraine. Putin plays dice to decide which country to invade.”

(March 27, 2022 at 4:41 pm)Belacqua Wrote:
(March 27, 2022 at 10:11 am)Ferrocyanide Wrote: What is happening in Ukraine right now is a perfect moment to show how the USA can protect anyone.
What is stopping the USA? A piece of paper was not signed?

There may be some small reluctance to start World War III.

I definitely do not want that and probably there are a few million people fleeing Ukraine who do not want to fight either.
But if they (USA) are telling me that they don’t want to send soldiers to fight russians just bc of some paper was not signed, I consider that a joke.
Just a month ago the USA was very much willing to sign the papers. When Russia invaded Ukraine, the ink in their pen dried up?

It reminds me of a similar situation in Syria. The USA armed the kurds to fight ISIS. Turkey has a history of destroying kurdish culture and they don’t want the Kurds to have their own country..... so bottom line, Turkey decided this is the perfect time to bomb the kurds, so they entered into Syria just to bomb the kurds (and they don’t touch ISIS at all).
The kurdish groups felt like the USA is not protecting them. Some quit. Some went to join ISIS since with ISIS, they form a stronger alliance and can kill some turks.
Eventually, the USA army intervened but later on, they pulled out their soldiers from Syria and let Turkey do whatever it wants.

This kind of thing doesn’t make the USA look like a good ally.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A "meta-argument" against all future arguments for God's existence ? - by Ferrocyanide - March 27, 2022 at 6:00 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My take on one of the arguments about omnipotence ShinyCrystals 9 675 September 4, 2023 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Conscience and the Moral Argument as Evidence for the Goodness of God. Nishant Xavier 162 7393 July 9, 2023 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2554 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  Is my argument against afterlife an equivocation fallacy? FlatAssembler 61 2488 June 20, 2023 at 5:59 pm
  Do atheists believe in the existence of friendship? KerimF 191 9163 June 9, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  What is the worst religion in existence? Hi600 89 5378 May 6, 2023 at 12:55 pm
  A simple argument against God Disagreeable 149 12092 December 29, 2022 at 11:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Atheism and the existence of peanut butter R00tKiT 721 45605 November 15, 2022 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  My Almighty VS your argument against it Won2blv 43 3686 May 5, 2022 at 9:13 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What is the best counter argument against "What do you lose by believing?" Macoleco 25 1780 May 1, 2021 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger