Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Priest to Atheist to Buddhist
RE: Christian Priest to Atheist to Buddhist
(May 8, 2014 at 9:17 am)Hoopington Wrote: It's happening now, in Burma, some are calling it an ethnic cleansing of Muslims.... by Buddhist monks.

I don't have the time to look up specific references,

Just as well I had the time, then. Smile

Burma Accused of ‘Ethnic Cleansing’ of Rohingya Muslims

Quote: It should be noted, however, that many Buddhists put their lives on the line to protect Muslim neighbors and hide them from the rampaging mobs.

(May 8, 2014 at 9:17 am)Hoopington Wrote: Doesn't matter what the religion teaches, people will always find a way to fight and kill for it.

Or many people, but not all, can find a way to fight and kill for something in spite of what they believe or don't believe.

Trying to figure out the motives for human behaviour is far from easy. I did google searches for the religious beliefs or lack of them where the US military is concerned. I'm not going to provide links for the various sources because anyone can find them by putting "xxxx in the US Military" in google.

Besides Christians of various denominations there are - Muslims, Sikhs, Jews, Wiccans and other Pagans, Buddhists, Hindus, Humanists, Atheists, Agnostics and Freethinkers.

US military personnel don't go off to fight in the name of any religion or atheism. They do it for other reasons.
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christian Priest to Atheist to Buddhist - by Confused Ape - May 8, 2014 at 1:34 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am a Christian Atheist... what? Help. Tucker 23 3991 May 3, 2015 at 11:57 am
Last Post: urlawyer
  Christian Everything -> Atheist Faber 3 1391 June 4, 2014 at 9:47 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Hello I'm a Christian...Atheist... what. NeuerMensch 22 6556 January 10, 2014 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Christian to wiccan to new age to atheist k2490 12 4797 October 16, 2013 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Fruity
  Christian->Budhist->Atheist yuriythebest 6 2709 August 27, 2010 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist