Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Priest to Atheist to Buddhist
RE: Christian Priest to Atheist to Buddhist
(May 17, 2014 at 6:51 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Special pleading.

When has the torment and murder of innocents served Justice?

Never, when has the above mentioned not happened in the history of all man kind?

As I thought.

Being buddhist doesn't negate human qualities. Humans are still human, whether you are Buddhist, Catholic, Atheist.

What ever your title there will forever be negative actions, to say that it is because they are Buddhist, Catholic, or Atheist is a sad excuse.

It truly is: because a human, is a human.

Humans do as humans do, there will always be violence, there will always be incidents, if you are Jainist, and I stab your wife, would your outbursts of anger be unnatural. nope.

If I raped and tormented your women, would it matter what philosophy you've adapted? Probably not, because you are human.

Break away from the concept that a Title of philosophy or religion negates human characteristics because they do not and they never have.

If my wife was rapped gloves are off, I would most likely be out for blood, even though violence is against the teachings.

These monks feel the same way, and I would like to add for the record that Violence among monks is not at all uncommon.

Why should this be shocking?

Basic understanding of foreign culture and history at elementary level proves this.

In history you know that Monks for example the Shaolin Monks (Buddhists - ones in reference) were peaceful by nature, but they were also extremely deadly when provoked or attacked. Though they'd prefer a peaceful solution, they were very well equipped to handle themselves if needed, this often to protect themselves, other members, or even the Monastery.

This has been extremely well documented throughout history. But Westerners often put Monks on higher platforms and expect them never to be violent, this probably do to the influx of Christian dogma (turn the other cheek, non violence, etc).

Hope this clears up the fact that though they wear robes and live in a Monastery they are people, they will push back, and they as must humans will do what they feel they have to do when threatened.

The Buddhist Monks have no god to please. There is no hell, there is no heaven. They follow a teaching of peace but that is not perfect.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christian Priest to Atheist to Buddhist - by BlackSwordsman - May 17, 2014 at 7:13 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am a Christian Atheist... what? Help. Tucker 23 3992 May 3, 2015 at 11:57 am
Last Post: urlawyer
  Christian Everything -> Atheist Faber 3 1392 June 4, 2014 at 9:47 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Hello I'm a Christian...Atheist... what. NeuerMensch 22 6556 January 10, 2014 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Christian to wiccan to new age to atheist k2490 12 4798 October 16, 2013 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Fruity
  Christian->Budhist->Atheist yuriythebest 6 2709 August 27, 2010 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist