Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Priest to Atheist to Buddhist
RE: Christian Priest to Atheist to Buddhist
(May 17, 2014 at 8:14 pm)rasetsu Wrote:
(May 11, 2014 at 11:28 pm)BlackSwordsman Wrote: Sorry to NecroPost but

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/dalai-...age-n46906

The Dalai Lama does support gays.

This is bullshit.

"People who have belief or who have special traditions, then you should follow according to your own tradition. Like Buddhism, there are different kinds of sexual misconduct, so you should follow properly. But then for a non-believer, that is up to them." ~ Dalai Lama on Larry King Live

Quote:“They [his Californian followers] want me to condone homosexuality. But I am a Buddhist and, for a Buddhist, a relationship between two men is wrong. Some sexual conduct in marriage is also wrong," he says. “For example, using one's mouth and the other hole.” “This too is wrong," he adds, shaking his hand up and down vigorously. I look at the translator, perplexed. “Masturbation, madam,'' he says. The Dalai Lama laughs as I blush. “If an individual has no faith, that is a different matter," he says. “If two men really love each other and are not religious, then that is OK by me."

http://www.tibet.ca/en/library/wtn/archi...m=5&p=25_1

"Sexual misconduct corrodes self-respect, harms children and destroys the partner's peace of mind." ~ Dalai Lama, 1999

Quote:While non-believers are no doubt happy to be left to their own devices, the logic of this double-standard raises questions about the Dalai Lama’s broader view of Buddhism, humanity, and ethics. The goal of Buddhism is freedom from suffering, and indeed the ‘compassion’ promoted by the Dalai Lama is epitomised in the bodhisattva Avalokiteśvara’s vow to defer his own enlightenment until all sentient beings have been liberated. Presuming that the rules of Buddhism are oriented directly or indirectly towards this liberation, the implication is that the rules against sexual misconduct exist because sexual misconduct is somehow harmful, or an obstacle, to individual enlightenment.

So what does the Dalai Lama really mean when he says that for the non-religious, acts of sexual misconduct are “OK by me”? He can’t mean that sexual misconduct is only harmful to professed Buddhists....

- See more at: Compassionate or confusing? The Dalai Lama on same-sex marriage

You. Are. Wrong.

Next time use a source other than christians.

Christian Source - Proof

Support Gays - Dalai Lama

Support Gays - Dalai Lama

Next time you call bullshit get it from the man himself. But then again, the Holy Google Search Engine you use is bad enough. He is often misquoted to suit homophobic agendas.

The ball is in your court. Take your best shot.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christian Priest to Atheist to Buddhist - by BlackSwordsman - May 17, 2014 at 8:21 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am a Christian Atheist... what? Help. Tucker 23 3964 May 3, 2015 at 11:57 am
Last Post: urlawyer
  Christian Everything -> Atheist Faber 3 1373 June 4, 2014 at 9:47 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Hello I'm a Christian...Atheist... what. NeuerMensch 22 6541 January 10, 2014 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Christian to wiccan to new age to atheist k2490 12 4770 October 16, 2013 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Fruity
  Christian->Budhist->Atheist yuriythebest 6 2689 August 27, 2010 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist