Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You can't prove to me you are an atheist.
RE: You can't prove to me you are an atheist.
(June 28, 2014 at 12:47 pm)Knowledge of God Wrote: 1. Cause nobody is interested?
Clearly you are. Literally the title of your thread is "You can't prove to me you are an atheist." and your first post was "Take your best shot." Really?

(June 28, 2014 at 12:47 pm)Knowledge of God Wrote: 2. That natural conclusion of skepticism and following "the evidence" you claim isn't something you need to prove to anyone else?
Nope. But I'll defend it as a reasonable conclusion. Unlike you I didn't come to an atheist forum to prove everyone wrong. I came to talk to people who think like me. I am not a member of a Christian forum. If you want to have a debate, I'll debate you. But I don't need to prove a thing to you.

(June 28, 2014 at 12:47 pm)Knowledge of God Wrote: 3. You're wrong.. again.
If you'd like to point out where I was wrong the first time, I'd respond to that as well. If you'd like to point out a time where I actively sought out you to prove my atheism to you, please post that here. If you'd like to challenge my assertion that the natural conclusion of skepticism and following the evidence is atheism, that is a debate we can have. But it's going to take more than saying "you're wrong" to adequately state your point.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Messages In This Thread
RE: You can't prove to me you are an atheist. - by Nine - June 28, 2014 at 12:05 pm
RE: You can't prove to me you are an atheist. - by SteelCurtain - June 28, 2014 at 3:46 pm
RE: You can't prove to me you are an atheist. - by BoS - June 28, 2014 at 1:51 pm
RE: You can't prove to me you are an atheist. - by Tonus - June 29, 2014 at 12:48 am
RE: You can't prove to me you are an atheist. - by Losty - June 29, 2014 at 12:59 pm
RE: You can't prove to me you are an atheist. - by Cato - June 29, 2014 at 10:56 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WLC: "You can't prove the negative" Fake Messiah 107 5483 February 25, 2022 at 9:57 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Prove honesty is virtuous! Mystic 15 1630 May 30, 2018 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  You can't prove a negative (parody) Mystic 33 17835 April 10, 2013 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  Morality, Justice, Greatness - do these things prove God? Mystic 25 9739 March 5, 2012 at 1:20 am
Last Post: AthiestAtheist
  You cant prove a negative! The Grand Nudger 17 8142 July 6, 2011 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: BethK
  'Prove claims' question. Edwardo Piet 38 16471 December 17, 2008 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet