Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should i "come out of my closet" to my parents
RE: Should i "come out of my closet" to my parents
Your English is better than some high school seniors I have read. No need to apologize, but knowing it's a second language for you is useful.

My first question is, is it dangerous not to be Muslim in Saudi Arabia? Being atheist in Saudi Arabia appears to be a crime from what I can tell from the news. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...28389.html So I certainly would not come out as atheist publicly while you are still living in or might have to return to Saudi Arabia. It isn't worth death or imprisonment to take a stand on the non-existence of god.

I wouldn't tell my parents if I were you unless you were sure that: (1) they won't disown you; and (2) they won't discuss it with others.

I suggest you learn to keep this secret and relieve your feelings by discussing it on-line. My heart goes out to you.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should i "come out of my closet" to my parents - by Jenny A - July 12, 2014 at 4:42 pm
RE: Should i - by Hollyblades - July 13, 2014 at 4:00 pm
RE: Should i - by MagetheEntertainer - July 13, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unaccepting Parents Insertcoolnamehere 22 5531 May 11, 2013 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: Violet