Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should i "come out of my closet" to my parents
RE: Should i "come out of my closet" to my parents
Don't do it. I live in a first world country and I haven't come out of the closet to my family.

(July 12, 2014 at 4:42 pm)Jenny A Wrote: Your English is better than some high school seniors I have read. No need to apologize, but knowing it's a second language for you is useful.

My first question is, is it dangerous not to be Muslim in Saudi Arabia? Being atheist in Saudi Arabia appears to be a crime from what I can tell from the news. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...28389.html So I certainly would not come out as atheist publicly while you are still living in or might have to return to Saudi Arabia. It isn't worth death or imprisonment to take a stand on the non-existence of god.

I wouldn't tell my parents if I were you unless you were sure that: (1) they won't disown you; and (2) they won't discuss it with others.

I suggest you learn to keep this secret and relieve your feelings by discussing it on-line. My heart goes out to you.

Yes it is a crime, unfortunately, these people don't even know the definition of 'crime'. I'd love to see their reaction if the west declared all muslims are terrorists.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should i "come out of my closet" to my parents - by Dystopia - July 12, 2014 at 4:54 pm
RE: Should i - by Hollyblades - July 13, 2014 at 4:00 pm
RE: Should i - by MagetheEntertainer - July 13, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unaccepting Parents Insertcoolnamehere 22 5497 May 11, 2013 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: Violet