Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should i "come out of my closet" to my parents
RE: Should i "come out of my closet" to my parents
(July 13, 2014 at 5:26 pm)Luckie Wrote: Ahmad, I'm removing your name from your OP for safety reasons. DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR REAL NAME EVER.
We have active Muslims from your area on this board alone.

Sure i understand and thanks for the tip! i didn't really think about what would happen if i put my name i just typed it. i always do that so its became sort of a habit to me. but do they really track me via the internet? i never heard any stories of it.

EDIT
You've gone incognito. Pages you view in incognito tabs won't stick around in your browser's history, cookie store, or search history after you've closed all of your incognito tabs. Any files you download or bookmarks you create will be kept.

However, you aren't invisible. Going incognito doesn't hide your browsing from your employer, your internet service provider, governments and other sophisticated attackers, or the websites you visit.

yup im doomed...

(July 13, 2014 at 2:36 pm)Losty Wrote: Well I think you just answered your own question.

Well that's if someone actually informs the government.i hope no one turns on me if i tell!

(July 13, 2014 at 4:04 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(July 13, 2014 at 3:31 pm)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: I read the whole OP just now .

You're in saudi arabia and you're thinking of telling ur parents ? HOLY SHIT !!!

Don't you even think about it, even if you're financially independent in saudi arabia , don't even tell your cat .

Never trust a cat.

[Image: h5B3F280D]

i had a cat and a dog! but my father threw them away because he said they are "unclean". i think what he actually meant was they are costing too much money. you ask where did he threw them away in the street!
i was 9 when that happened i cried for a week! phew glad i didnt tell my cat. shes a real talker that cat.

(July 13, 2014 at 4:08 pm)Losty Wrote: Honestly don't think you should tell anyone. How well are you doing in school? What are your chances of getting a student visa in some other country when you go to college? That would be the time to "come out", in college in a country where you're safe.

my chances are probably good as my lowest grade i got was a B+ in islam.
yes they really do force every school to teach it.

(July 13, 2014 at 4:22 pm)Beccs Wrote: Welcome aboard.

First up, don't worry, your English is fine (better than many native speakers, in fact).

I know it's difficult to live a lie, especially for atheists in a religiously dominated culture, but in your instance I would suggest keeping quiet about it, at least initially.

Bring up atheists with your parents, without saying that you are one, and see their reaction. That will give you some indication of how they will react.

I know there's a growing number of atheists quietly living within Saudi, and indeed, Muslim society (if the reports I've read are correct), but when the country indentifies atheists as "terrorists" it might be prudent to remain silent for the time, until there's a cultural shift - and indications are there's such a shift slowly going on behind the scenes in the Muslim world - at least I hope so.

i did bring up what he thought about them here is how it happened.
we where watching football/soccer and then my brother ask my father whats that player religion as he likes to know all of their beliefs he then says nothing he is a stupid atheist and when i heard about that i asked him Why? he says: atheist are stupid ignorant humans who don't read about Islam and are satanist.... as i was completely shocked i quickly said: yeah you are right. and then everything continued normally, but that moment was completely shocking and i should have probably mentioned this in the post.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should i - by Hollyblades - July 13, 2014 at 4:00 pm
RE: Should i - by MagetheEntertainer - July 13, 2014 at 5:17 pm
RE: Should i "come out of my closet" to my parents - by Hollyblades - July 13, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unaccepting Parents Insertcoolnamehere 22 5499 May 11, 2013 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: Violet