Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
converting back unto theism - yes it's true.
RE: converting back unto theism - yes it's true.
(March 13, 2010 at 4:04 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I'd agree with Darwinian. I mean, I can think back to many times in my youth where I felt very "religious", but I'm not going to convert back to Christianity because of those. I'd prefer a logical reason over an emotional one.
I think emotions can be logical, at least as a naturally following response to something with a more tangible basis.
(March 13, 2010 at 4:11 pm)leo-rcc Wrote: I don't dispute that, it was the "then I suspect that you had never truly left in the first place" part I wasn't too happy with. Besides, the motivation to reconvert is a personal one obviously or TW would have mentioned it.
It was a very personal experience. Thanks for pointing out that error, attributions of belonging to a group aren't constant.
Cheers guys, I suppose I can stay with AF as any other member.
(March 13, 2010 at 6:43 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(March 13, 2010 at 6:16 pm)TruthWorthy Wrote: If you call remembering my own baptism IN LATIN vividly which happened as an infant, then ok.
Not to try and "deconvert" you again, but I have a few skeptical questions:

1) How do you know it was *your* baptism. (i.e. what makes you so sure it isn't just a dream / delusion you were having).

2) Do you remember what the Latin was, or just that there was Latin in the ceremony? If the latter is true, could you explain in more detail what was said. If not, could it be possible that this was just a dream and your subconscious was interjecting basic knowledge of events onto it. For example, most people remember things that happen in dreams, but not exact details.
I think the biggest separater is that the memory exists as a subjective experience whereas my imagined/dreamed experiences are always objective.
I will find the priest who baptised me to ask on a couple of details about the way he performed bapticisms back then to see if it was an accurate memory, otherwise it could have been envisioned, or fabricated.
Coming soon: Banner image-link to new anti-islam forum.

Messages In This Thread
RE: converting back unto theism - yes it's true. - by TruthWorthy - March 13, 2010 at 6:52 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hypocritical Theism Leads to Atheism Ambiguous Atheist 16 4852 November 15, 2016 at 5:21 am
Last Post: Joods
  De-converting from Christianity. sarcasticface 17 6350 March 18, 2013 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Dawud
  Young Adult Seeking Stimulating Theism Debates and Conversation Marshmallow 13 4327 September 28, 2012 at 10:04 am
Last Post: Marshmallow
  Thinking about converting, but what if I do go to Hell??... dave4shmups 47 13680 September 12, 2010 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: dave4shmups