Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
converting back unto theism - yes it's true.
RE: converting back unto theism - yes it's true.
(March 13, 2010 at 9:06 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Much like yourself then Tav. You never actually knew any rational reason to believe when you claimed to be a Christian like you said in this post: http://atheistforums.org/thread-2492-pos...l#pid56709 - You've always been atheist.

The reason I left theism is because there was no rational reason for me to believe in God, therefore I did not feel compelled to do so. Everything before that was purely emotional and wishful thinking for the most part. I don't make that an argument for anyone else on the basis that it was my personal experience, and I honestly don't give a crap if you don't think I was being a real Christian.

I'm saying that this isn't the first thread in which TruthWorthy expressed that he had doubts in faith and saw arguments from a theistic standpoint.

Remember this?

http://atheistforums.org/thread-2981.html

I'm not doing the "No True Scotsman" fallacy, I'm just making an observation based on his individual threads and posts. There are no rites of passage to becoming an atheist, it's only the lack of belief in God. If you don't believe, then guess what you are? I'm thinking TruthWorthy had a lapse in faith and explored other options before coming to his current conclusion. I wish him the best, but I don't think it should be a "goodbye" thread just because his ideology has changed. If anything, this should spark some good debate on many topics.

Good luck, dude. I hope you're happy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: converting back unto theism - yes it's true. - by tavarish - March 14, 2010 at 1:41 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hypocritical Theism Leads to Atheism Ambiguous Atheist 16 4883 November 15, 2016 at 5:21 am
Last Post: Joods
  De-converting from Christianity. sarcasticface 17 6400 March 18, 2013 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Dawud
  Young Adult Seeking Stimulating Theism Debates and Conversation Marshmallow 13 4351 September 28, 2012 at 10:04 am
Last Post: Marshmallow
  Thinking about converting, but what if I do go to Hell??... dave4shmups 47 13728 September 12, 2010 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: dave4shmups