Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
converting back unto theism - yes it's true.
RE: converting back unto theism - yes it's true.
(March 13, 2010 at 7:43 pm)TruthWorthy Wrote: I suppose my dreams are experienced as objective because I can literally see myself in them while this memory or vision put me within my subjective surroundings.
I consider this is one of the main differences between what I dream and what I remember, although I don't discount the possibility that a dream could occur putting a person in a subjective and apparently real conditions. eh, just my experience of it. It's really annoying that it's almost impossible to share with you all, I suppose you had to be there Wink

Dreams can encourage beliefs pretty easily if you lead by emotions alone. Dreaming is the brains way of keeping itself active. The brain cannot/must not ever power down or it will risk serious damage. The brain will often use familiar places and events from it's memory. Putting random events and places together to form a dream. It's also suppost to feel as real as possible. Just another way for the brain to remain very active. I remember falling in love with a girl in my dream. Even hours after waking up, eventually had to accept that she wasn't real. Sad

I would love to see other peoples dreams, would help give me a better perspective on things.

I'm pretty sure we have all experianced this one. When I was walking on a weak wooden bridge it collapsed and I fell but woke up before hitting the ground. Have you noticed that you always wake up just before hitting the ground? Strange that. Probably because you can't dream of yourself in non-existance.
Thinking
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: converting back unto theism - yes it's true. - by Ace Otana - March 14, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hypocritical Theism Leads to Atheism Ambiguous Atheist 16 4927 November 15, 2016 at 5:21 am
Last Post: Joods
  De-converting from Christianity. sarcasticface 17 6428 March 18, 2013 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Dawud
  Young Adult Seeking Stimulating Theism Debates and Conversation Marshmallow 13 4375 September 28, 2012 at 10:04 am
Last Post: Marshmallow
  Thinking about converting, but what if I do go to Hell??... dave4shmups 47 13767 September 12, 2010 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: dave4shmups