Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
converting back unto theism - yes it's true.
RE: converting back unto theism - yes it's true.
Scrutiny yes, analysis no. I should have used the latter in my earlier post. I say this because analysis is a means of breaking things down into smaller 'bits'. I see Catholicism as a smaller 'bit' of where God can be found. For me it's like this, He has shown himself to me through Catholicism, I don't doubt that others have found their own truth equally valid. For instance, I disagree with the young Earth hypothesis because it doesn't courispond with my beliefs of historic studies, archiology, paleontology, etc; however, I recognise that such a belief is an extension of the belief system the person has subscribed to and if found invalid by others doesn't lessen the truth in it, or in the fundamental truth in the almighty Lord.
Praying for guidance from the Saints, or to the virgin Mary, is much like praying to God. These spirits work in the interests of God as do those who worship Him. Mary McKillop is a living saint which is a contradiction of the past requirements to becoming one, in another way there's nothing to say it couldn't happen, that I know of. The distinguishing characteristic is of course, praying to Saints, but praying for people. As I see it, I'm unsure about the necessity of praying to St. Mary McKillop, in another context I'm not sure what her speciality is but I think it would be assigned when she is with God.
Coming soon: Banner image-link to new anti-islam forum.

Messages In This Thread
RE: converting back unto theism - yes it's true. - by TruthWorthy - March 15, 2010 at 12:13 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hypocritical Theism Leads to Atheism Ambiguous Atheist 16 4847 November 15, 2016 at 5:21 am
Last Post: Joods
  De-converting from Christianity. sarcasticface 17 6347 March 18, 2013 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Dawud
  Young Adult Seeking Stimulating Theism Debates and Conversation Marshmallow 13 4320 September 28, 2012 at 10:04 am
Last Post: Marshmallow
  Thinking about converting, but what if I do go to Hell??... dave4shmups 47 13678 September 12, 2010 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: dave4shmups