Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
converting back unto theism - yes it's true.
RE: converting back unto theism - yes it's true.
(March 24, 2010 at 8:09 am)TruthWorthy Wrote: A saint is seen as more of an extension of God. They are believed to be guides and model characters.

Saint Josaphat. Just like this God he is an extention of, his existance is highly questionable.

Saint Augustine. By his own admission lead a life of debauchery. Quote attributed to this model character --> ""Lord, make me chaste--but not yet.""

Pope Pius IX. Ok, not declared a saint, but was proposed for sainthood. For an indictment see John Cornwell's 1999 book Hitler's Pope: The Secret History of Pius XII. If he was proposed for sainthood by his peers then he must have been a wonderful guide and model character.

That was just off the top of my head. I'm sure with a bit of reasearch you could come up with a few more shining examples of model characters, extentions of God and guides of the christian religion.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: converting back unto theism - yes it's true. - by Dotard - March 25, 2010 at 7:55 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hypocritical Theism Leads to Atheism Ambiguous Atheist 16 4881 November 15, 2016 at 5:21 am
Last Post: Joods
  De-converting from Christianity. sarcasticface 17 6400 March 18, 2013 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Dawud
  Young Adult Seeking Stimulating Theism Debates and Conversation Marshmallow 13 4350 September 28, 2012 at 10:04 am
Last Post: Marshmallow
  Thinking about converting, but what if I do go to Hell??... dave4shmups 47 13725 September 12, 2010 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: dave4shmups