Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
California is thinking about legalizing it
RE: California is thinking about legalizing it
1) The current drugs wars are a mess and a statist ploy to gain even more control over the populace. Drugs should be legalised so that the market can make them safer, and so that people can smoke whatever the fuck they want.

2) It'll most likely have a legal age associated with it, as all these products should. It's not like "children" can't get hold of alcohol and drugs anyway.

3) I'm not sure about the public, but if I were in charge I'd make it illegal for people to smoke in public and in their cars. People should be able to do whatever they like in their own homes though. What if there are children? Well if a parent wants to smoke or take drugs in front of children, I have no problem with it. As long as they don't neglect the child, I see no reason for the government to get involved. People smoke cigarettes in front of their children, drink in front of their children, etc. Marijuana is provably less dangerous than both of those habits.

4) I'd guess it'd be an over the counter thing like cigarettes, and I don't see why people shouldn't be able to grow it either.

5) I don't see how changing a law concerning drugs has anything to do with how the border patrol works. Unless the border patrol are all stoned of course, which could be a problem. Then all you'd have to do was tell them they couldn't smoke on the job.

Messages In This Thread
RE: California is thinking about legalizing it - by Pippy - April 10, 2010 at 6:58 am
RE: California is thinking about legalizing it - by Tiberius - April 10, 2010 at 1:42 pm
RE: California is thinking about legalizing it - by Pippy - April 11, 2010 at 12:09 pm
RE: California is thinking about legalizing it - by Pippy - April 12, 2010 at 3:20 am
RE: California is thinking about legalizing it - by Pippy - April 13, 2010 at 3:22 am
RE: California is thinking about legalizing it - by Pippy - April 13, 2010 at 9:06 pm
RE: California is thinking about legalizing it - by Pippy - April 14, 2010 at 8:56 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whooping Cough Epidemic in California Eilonnwy 7 2841 June 24, 2010 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Samson