Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 10:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
California is thinking about legalizing it
RE: California is thinking about legalizing it
(April 11, 2010 at 12:40 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(April 11, 2010 at 12:09 pm)Pippy Wrote: I like you more and more Adrian.

Let the lemmings do whatever they want, leave us alone. Libertarianism. Mmmmmmm.
I thought you opposed my opinion on letting people have guns? If you want to be a Libertarian you have to oppose prohibition, and that includes guns.
But not hand grenades and rocket launchers. Wink

(April 10, 2010 at 2:40 pm)cppman Wrote: You have to understand that street-level marijuana is a lot more dangerous than what the government studies. The "market" is created by people, not the government. So, if anyone can grow it, we'll have a new economy for the strong drug as opposed to the "over-the-counter" weak drug (if that made any sense).
It didn't make sense. I'm assuming when you refer to this "more dangerous" "street-level" substance you mean more potent pot with higher THC levels.

To say that's more dangerous is like saying a litre of water is more dangerous than a cup. It's more potent, but that means the average stoner just uses less. Do you drink a bottle of whiskey like you drink a bottle of wine?

(April 10, 2010 at 2:40 pm)cppman Wrote: I was referring to California becoming an exporter (illegally) of marijuana if it was legalized. You would have an increase in immigration so that the drug can be trafficked back to another country at a higher cost, specifically Mexico. This is just a thought though, hence "this is a long shot."
Long shot is an understatement.

You won't see anyone going out of their way to smuggle marijuana into Mexico. You really think California legalizing pot would completely reverse the drug trade? Seeing how nobody in their right mind would want Mexican ditchweed when there is a legal, high-grade American alternative available, there would be an ABUNDANCE of weed available to anyone in Mexico who wanted it.

Happy 4/20.
- Meatball

Messages In This Thread
RE: California is thinking about legalizing it - by Pippy - April 10, 2010 at 6:58 am
RE: California is thinking about legalizing it - by Pippy - April 11, 2010 at 12:09 pm
RE: California is thinking about legalizing it - by Meatball - April 20, 2010 at 3:17 pm
RE: California is thinking about legalizing it - by Pippy - April 12, 2010 at 3:20 am
RE: California is thinking about legalizing it - by Pippy - April 13, 2010 at 3:22 am
RE: California is thinking about legalizing it - by Pippy - April 13, 2010 at 9:06 pm
RE: California is thinking about legalizing it - by Pippy - April 14, 2010 at 8:56 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whooping Cough Epidemic in California Eilonnwy 7 2843 June 24, 2010 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Samson