Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 12:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dad sues ‘Thank God for Dead Soldiers’ church
RE: Dad sues ‘Thank God for Dead Soldiers’ church
I have a slightly controversial view on this issue. I believe whole-heartedly in the right to free speech. However, I also feel strongly that people should have the right to grieve, hold a funeral, and say farewell to their loved ones (religiosity aside), without being emotionally and verbally attacked by hate speech. Hate speech should be included in the whole 'free speech' concept, yes... but a funeral is not the proper forum for it. The right to free speech should be upheld, but I think there are times and places that it does not belong. Spew your hate... just don't do it there.

Which is more important? The right to spew hatred or the right to be treated humanely?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dad sues ‘Thank God for Dead Soldiers’ church - by Paul the Human - April 15, 2010 at 10:22 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Xtian Soldiers Are At It Again Minimalist 3 1667 September 18, 2014 at 1:41 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  IHOP Sues a Prayer Group. Eilonnwy 4 1927 September 18, 2010 at 1:00 am
Last Post: Watson