Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Oldest' Koran fragments found in Birmingham University
RE: 'Oldest' Koran fragments found in Birmingham University
(July 22, 2015 at 6:39 pm)Rayaan Wrote: Poca, this was a duplicate thread by the way. Another one was started just nine hours ago:

https://atheistforums.org/thread-34901.html

I thought as a staff member you would be a little more observant of threads as to avoid this, eh? Wink

Indeed it is... I looked through the "today's posts" and found nothing like this... looked at the news forum and nothing... It was under Islam... of course... -.-'
Anyway, both threads have moved their separate ways, by now, so let them be...

As former admin, you should know that duplicate threads ought be reported and not discussed in thread, right?

Anyway, back on track, and following Dystopia's post.
Here in Lisbon, there are at least 2 large mosques, but we seldom see anyone wearing the headscarf, much less the full ninja garb.
However, after the Charlie Hebdo attacks, the door and wall on one of them was "vandalized" with some graffiti. The grafitti was a simple number: 1143.

[Image: 396833.jpg?type=L]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Portugal
Quote:Portugal traces its national origin to 24 June 1128 with the Battle of São Mamede. Afonso proclaimed himself Prince of Portugal, and in 1139 King of Portugal. In 1143, the Kingdom of León recognises him as King of Portugal by the Treaty of Zamora. In 1179, the papal bull Manifestis Probatum of Pope Alexander III officially recognised Afonso I as King.

Allegedly, this was done (but never claimed) by some neo-nazi, ultra-conservative individual(s).
Even so muslims in Portugal seem to have gotten the message that we have some equally disturbed people living under the guise of "christian"...
Curiously, no such displays were reported from France, at the time...

Also, knowing the UK's history of hooliganism, I find it curious how peaceful coexistence with such muslim communities is maintained. It is a large country...

###

Now a bit more on topic: if the qur'an is based largely on the Torah, or OT, and if Mo was a guy well versed in the teachings of Moses, it would stand to reason that some writings from the Torah, but in the local dialect, were to be produced. I'm sure that even the NT, by this time, was fully translated into latin.
Which brings us back to my original question: what is written on those fragments?

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Oldest' Koran fragments found in Birmingham University - by pocaracas - July 23, 2015 at 4:39 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Miami Establishes Chair for Study of Atheism c172 8 1899 May 21, 2016 at 2:48 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Links to Spirituality Found in the Brain fr0d0 28 9577 February 18, 2010 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: tavarish