Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Oldest' Koran fragments found in Birmingham University
RE: 'Oldest' Koran fragments found in Birmingham University
(July 23, 2015 at 4:39 am)pocaracas Wrote: Also, knowing the UK's history of hooliganism, I find it curious how peaceful coexistence with such muslim communities is maintained. It is a large country...

I'd say it isn't really as maintained as people think, or at least it isn't what I'd call peaceful. There's definitely growing opposition. For the most part people tolerate muslims out of fear of being labelled an Islamophobe, and because if anything actually kicked off it would probably be labelled as racism and hate crimes from the far right. The media in this country love doing that. There's plenty of right wing organisations that are fed up with muslims in this country, hell most of them were born out of what they see as the "Islamization" of the west. There's been pig's heads thrown at mosques and all other kinds of vandalism. I'm sure somewhere or another a group of white men in their 20's have probably beaten up or intimidated some brown Islamic people. Certainly the EDL like marching but I don't actually recall any acts of violence from them for all the criticism they receive.

But the thing that fucks me off is there's no criticising muslims in my country. Like I said, everything gets branded as islamophobia, or you're told the majority of muslims are "moderate" and it's the "extreme" muslim's fault when bad things happen. There's gangs of young muslims that go out and rape Sikh girls, and go out with the pure intention to convert them forcibly. There's book shops in Birmingham that are havens for all kinds of terrorist plottings. There's groups of muslims who go around in London and try to tell unsuspecting people that "this area is a Muslim area, sharia law is in place" and they threaten them with violence. There's multiple Islamic groups that incite hatred, that celebrate the deaths of innocent people like Lee Rigby (and are responsible for it in the first place), I mean how Anjem Choudary hasn't been done for hate crimes is beyond me. But you make a joke about the Glasgow bin lorry accident on twitter and you're arrested? Then there's the trojan horse scandal in schools in Birmingham where muslims were literally trying to take them over for their own ends, having illegal "islamic scholars" come in to give talks to students and influence them illegally.

But the politically correct media, especially the BBC, continues in its bullshit campaign to convince us that Islam is a wonderful thing, hell, they even try to make everyone feel guilty by saying "there's too much negativity surrounding Islam and it's unfair", so they're launching a brand new channel for muslims, like we needed another one.

As far as I'm concerned the kind of shit muslims have pulled in Britain far outweighs the few instances of vandalism or the occasional EDL march in opposition. But the media just LOVE to make out like it's oh so bad for muslims in this country. Like everyone else is vilifying them for no good reason.

It makes me fucking sick.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Oldest' Koran fragments found in Birmingham University - by Napoléon - July 23, 2015 at 11:34 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Miami Establishes Chair for Study of Atheism c172 8 1826 May 21, 2016 at 2:48 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Links to Spirituality Found in the Brain fr0d0 28 9426 February 18, 2010 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: tavarish